PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 B&M AA in the SB

slavic
01-23-2004, 02:00 PM
10/20 game B&M 9 handed.

EP opens[for a raise] he's a weak opener and I've seen him do this with as little as QT from UTG. EMP cold calls, the CO cold calls both are new to the table, I find a pair of Black Aces and 3 bet. Unkown player in the BB makes it 4 bets, he stated "since it's going to be capped anyway". EP calls, EMP surrenders his cards and the CO thinks a long while and then calls, I call.

Flop : A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

In this group I can't reliably expect anyone to bet if I check, it has become a bit routine for them to 3 bet pre flop and then check down the hand postflop.

I bet out, BB calls, EP calls, CO folds

Turn: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, BB raises, EP folds ......

Strategy for the rest of the hand?

BigEndian
01-23-2004, 02:31 PM
Three-bet. If capped, call down unless you improve. If called, bet out on the turn and call a raise unimproved.

- Jim

biggambler
01-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I would assume that he wouldn't cap it pre-flop with QJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, so he most likly has either AA, KK, or QQ. Therefore, three bet the turn.

sfer
01-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Worst case you're behind but drawing to lots of outs to fill up. All other cases have him drawing to 8 outs, 1 out or dead. 3 bet the turn. Even if he caps I just can't believe he has a flush (unless another diamond hits the river). If he caps the turn and you still only have top set on the river I would still bet and call a raise.

JTG51
01-23-2004, 03:38 PM
BB makes it 4 bets, he stated "since it's going to be capped anyway".

Did he mean it? I think people usually have a real hand when they say that. Would he really cap with two suited cards that don't include an Ace or a King? If he woudln't, you obviously go to war on the turn. If he would, you still 3-bet the turn and think about slowing down if he 4-bets.

slavic
01-23-2004, 04:44 PM
Did he mean it?

That is the question isn't it. Is he acting or gambling?

slogger
01-23-2004, 05:01 PM
If he has AA, slavic has bigger problems than figuring out how to play the river! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

slogger
01-23-2004, 05:04 PM
I'd put him on AK and 3-bet. If he caps, it's a close call between check-calling the river and betting and calling a raise (while shaing your head in disbelief).

slavic
01-23-2004, 07:55 PM
I was fairly sure I was correct on this but just wanted to check.

I reraised the turn and the BB called.

River was a blank and I lead and was called.

He had 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

JTG51
01-23-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He had 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I guess he meant it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

slavic
01-23-2004, 09:29 PM
yea at least he was weak postflop. I kept thinking to myself, yea it may be possible but, nah.

On a different note I was able to say nice hand and not a take an emotional hit. That Pot however would have been a nice capper to a long grind day.