PDA

View Full Version : Bad Beat Hall of Shame...

BolliTrader
01-23-2004, 12:31 PM
I'm just wondering if I qualify or I played either of these hands incorrectly...

MP I see AA. I have around T1700 and ss in ep pushes all in with T610. It's folded to me and I push all in to make it heads up w/ small stack. It works... He shows A T o. I smile as I have him dominated. Flop comes 8x 9x 2x (no flush possible. I say to mayself watch qx jx come... I guess you could consider that a self fulfilling prophecy.

Next tournament I'm on the button in the third orbit (blinds are 15 30). American Airlines again. A small stack makes a significant raise (around 5x or 6x the bb). I figure he's pot committed so I raise all in again. To my surprise the lb (and big stack) calls. The small stack folds. He flips up Ac Qc. I still figure I have him dominated so no worries. The flop comes 8x 9x Tx. He hits the J on the river /images/graemlins/ooo.gif.

The way I see it I made an arguably correct play in both situations and just got beat. Poker happens. The next 20 times I dominating my opponent on AA I should be good right /images/graemlins/smile.gif Would any of you have played these differently? I don't think I would...

thanks

deke

fat_nutz
01-23-2004, 12:58 PM
Obviously, you should've folded.

SossMan
01-23-2004, 01:44 PM
If you would have mucked preflop, then you would have still been alive...so clearly, you should have mucked.

SpaceAce
01-24-2004, 08:19 AM
I sense a touch of sarcasm in the answers you have received so far. Of course getting your money in with AA is the way to go.*

SpaceAce

* Unless you are desperate to creep into the money and folding will likely get you there.