PDA

View Full Version : True Poker

RollaJ
01-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Does anyone know how many hands per hour you see on average at TruePoker, compared to somewhere like Party or UB. It seems with those fancy graphics it could be less hands per hour, but that could just be in my mind

CrackerZack
01-23-2004, 10:13 AM
They do about 60-65/hr. It definitely seems slower with all the movement, but it really isn't. You'll notice something sometimes too that they released a while back... it doesn't wait for your avatar to move before going onto the next person. So if 5 people fold using advanced actions, it could be on your and every has cards before you. Then there will be this mass fold but you've had action buttons for a few seconds. Its actually helped to speed things up quite a bit. They really really need multi-tabling, but other than that, its a good site. I keep a balance there and play a bit 3 or 4 times a week.

morgant
01-23-2004, 11:45 AM
i played there last night in cash games for the first time to get 100 raked, it felt slow as molasses. maybe it was playing 1 table or figuring out the nuances of a new site!?%

pudley4
01-23-2004, 11:50 AM
I play both sites (simultaneously). Same limits on both sites (2/4 or 3/6). So far this year:

True 48 hours, 3165 hands = 66 hands/hr
Party 95 table hours (2 tables), 5990 hands (total)= 63 hands/hr/table.

These are mostly full games, although True has a slightly higher frequency of less-than-full games.

RollaJ
01-23-2004, 01:22 PM
TY, I played last night and had a good time, I hadnt played there in a really long time but I liked it. I only won a few bucks, but it felt like there were really people there making a decision as opposed to on party where they just call call call (not that thats always bad). I was playing NL, and some guy actually checked the nuts Twice on the button (sucked for me /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

CrackerZack
01-23-2004, 02:43 PM
I play the NL50s quite a bit there. So does TomCollins (lurker/poster here). The games are usually decent and I'm a NL moron. Oddly I logged in last night but started watching the tourney on stars and had a table on UB I started fill up giving me double points, so I didn't sit.

TomCollins
01-23-2004, 02:50 PM
NL games are GREAT. They are a bit slower than normal games (50-60 hands/hour). I just started NL there in December, and have made a lot more than I ever made at limit. Just find a NL $50 with average pot above $25, and let the money roll in. Its pretty easy to move certain people off a strong hand, and impossible to move others off of any hand, and with the regulars, its pretty easy to keep an eye on who the skilled players are there (and by skilled, I mean not braindead). There are a few solid players, but there are plenty of live ones. It is a lot different than Party's NL games (I can't stand the low limit Party wait for a hand then push strategy, way too boring).

In fact, try the NL $100 late on Sunday nights when all the weekend gamblers try to "recover" their losses. I recall seeing an average pot of $150 when a few live ones show up.

Say hi if you show up!

AliasMrJones
01-23-2004, 04:29 PM
I tried play money there a while ago and ended up deleting the client. When the BOSS tourney came around, I deposited a little bit of money for that and decided to try the micro ring games. At first the interface didn't do anything for me. Plus, the lowest limit they have is 1/2 with a whacky blind structure.

But, as I played I got to like the interface. The animations and what not happen after your action as someone else pointed out so it doesn't slow down the game. And, the players are, in general, pretty bad, at least at micro limits. Almost no table selection, unfortunately, but they do have flop % along with avg pot size, which helps when you do have a choice. I'm planning on keeping my money there and see what kind of roll I can build up. I'm really starting to like it. Their tourney interface needs work as does their NL interface (can't type in exact bet amount), though, and as others pointed out playing multiple tables would be nice.