PDA

View Full Version : Hand from the 2+2 table from Tuesday

Tosh
01-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Meant to post this the other day but didn't get around to it. Table has been tight and exceptionally aggressive. My last 3 raises have won the blinds. ( the 'maniac' has since left )

I get A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/diamond.gif UTG +1.

UTG folds, I limp, folded to SB who calls, Stu_Pidasso in the BB checks.

Flop comes T /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Stu_Pidasso bets, I call, SB folds.

Turn is 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Check, I bet, check-raise, I 3 bet and Stu_Pidasso calls.

River is 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Check, bet, call.

rharless
01-23-2004, 01:09 PM
I must be paranoid. An EP open limper on 2+2 says "AA" to me, and I think Stu would think the same.

So, if he c/r'ed me on the turn, I would think he can beat an overpair. But then when he doesn't 4-bet the turn, he obviously can't beat the overpair.

All I can think of is that he has a suited ten of diamonds?

I feel like I've totally whiffed this one but I didn't want it to fall off the page so I responded. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gonores
01-23-2004, 01:36 PM
At that table, you really have to set up a limp-reraise with a big pair.

Last time I felt like limp-reraising at that table, I decided I would need to limp with "legit" limping hands and get to the showdown twice before I could think about pulling off the limp reraise.

Nate tha' Great
01-23-2004, 01:42 PM
Why not raise with illegitimate raising hands instead? That's so much more fun.

gonores
01-23-2004, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why not raise with illegitimate raising hands instead? That's so much more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sure is, but it won't help disguise your limp-rr maneuver. FWIW, I'll take the loose-raising line of reasoning into that table more often than I'll take the occasional limp-to-set-up-the-limp-rr reasoning. I definitely need to be in a very specific mood to limp-rr at any table, much less the 2+2 table.

PS - you need to come out to Ho Chunk one of these days.

Tosh
01-23-2004, 06:22 PM
Anyone have any general comments about the hand ? Was it right to limp and what about the rest of the hand ? What did Stu have ?