PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Mason Malmuth
01-23-2004, 03:55 AM
Hi Everyone:

I'm a little late getting to this forum. I didn't realize Chuck got it up and going as fast as he did.

Anyway, because of the popularity of the one table tournaments, we had a few requests to split up the tournament forum into multitables and single tables. Well, it made sense to us, so here it is, and it seems to be getting its share of traffic already.

Best wishes,
Mason

Al_Capone_Junior
01-23-2004, 09:29 AM
1. the test post and random poll forum (ray's fav!)

2. the ray zee forum for grammar, typing, and formatting

3. the political hype forum

4. the flame war forum (will be very, very busy!)

5. the 2+2ers who have been banished from the tourney forums for organizing and discussing private tourneys forum

6. (the only serious suggestion so far...) the Poobah forum!

al

t_perkin
01-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Might it be better to call this the Sit and Go forum?

I am sure I am not the only who is not quite sure where to post 2-table SnG questions...

After all, I think at 2-tables the strategy and issues are much closer to 1-table tourns than big multis.

Mike Gallo
01-23-2004, 01:12 PM
Mason,

Thank you for running a tight ship.

wayabvpar
01-23-2004, 02:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing, although I would guess that all SnG talk would wind up here eventually anyway.

ZeeJustin
01-23-2004, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
4. the flame war forum (will be very, very busy!)

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you need to be more clever for the name of that all-important forum. I used to post on site that had a forum for this. It was appropriately named the "Eat a Bag of Hell" forum.

Vehn
01-23-2004, 08:08 PM
Personally the only forum I see we need in the future is to split "other topics" and add a "politics" forum. I would enjoy utilizing a casual other topics forum but I'm not going to wade into that pile of crap.

DrPhysic
01-24-2004, 12:37 PM
Tim and Mason:
Excellent addition. Already popular.

re: change to SNG Tournaments

Argument for:
More descriptive, includes two table
Fits on one line on the index

Argument against:
As far as I know, only called Sit N Go on Stars.

But I still agree with perkin.

Doc

t_perkin
01-24-2004, 12:56 PM
I think Paradise were first to use the term (although they don't call them that in the lobby I think).

Bet they wished they had Trademarked that one...

daryn
01-25-2004, 05:56 AM
for once i agree with vehn /images/graemlins/wink.gif

those political guys in the other topics forum are something else

TimTimSalabim
01-26-2004, 02:33 PM
Paradise now calls them "Mini-tournaments" to distinguish from their new multitables. I believe both UB and Stars use the term Sit-n-go. I think Party just calls them "single table" in their tourney tab.