PDA

View Full Version : 3-2-2 Blind Structure

10-07-2001, 12:57 AM
I played today for the second time at the Cal Grand in Pacheco, CA. Their 3-6 blind structure is different than anything I've played before and I'm not sure how to adjust my game to it. In this game, the BB is $3, the SB is $2, and the button pays $2. Before the flop, the house rakes the whole SB and button charge. The blinds and button charge are all live bets.

As i understand it, the SB is the house rake and the button charge is devoted to funding the various bad beat and high hand jackpots they offer. The first time I was at the Cal, I won a royal flush jackpot which was $2500 at the time. So I kind of have a soft spot in my heart for this place. It is also relatively close to my home. But I just don't get the feeling that this game (other than hitting the jackpot) can be very profitable.

Can anyone give me advice on how to adjust my game to this blind structure? Can this be a profitable game? Given that it is only $1 to call an unraise pot on the button, how bad does a hand have to be to not call (assuming you don't think the SB or BB will raise)?

10-10-2001, 12:03 AM
Hmm. This wouldn't seem to be that tough a question for the experts I see pontificating here...is it posted in the wrong forum or something?