PDA

View Full Version : 3-6 hand

10-06-2001, 05:28 PM
In cutoff with JJ. 4 people limp to me. I raise and button folds. SB (a bad but predictable player) reraises. BB folds. Two limpers drop and the other two call. I just call as well.

Flop: 9-8-4 rainbow

All check to me and I bet. SB checkraises and all fold to me.

I folded. SB showed AA.

Comments on this hand?

10-06-2001, 06:47 PM
Hi Dave,

Hmmmm. Your play preflop is fine. Now, on the flop you bet, get check-raised, and find yourself having to call one more bet heads-up against the preflop 3-bettor.

While the SB's play does indeed scream "big overpair" at the very least (without knowing more about exactly who this was, I can't say more), you are currently getting 17 to 1 by my count on a call which closes the action. You have two outs to a set which will beat any made hand he currently holds, and one additional runner runner out to a straight.

Given that you effectively have somewhere between two and three outs, I think you should have called on the flop. You can fold on the turn if a 10 or J does not come and if you feel confident in your read on SB.

But that's just my opinion. I haven't played in a month, so what would I know? ;-)

Cheers,

Dave Shaw

10-07-2001, 09:54 PM
Well, what can i say about that hand. Good Fold is the first thing that springs to mind. In my experience those sorts of things tend to happen a lot, and if you are CR or re-raised at any time post flop as you were in this case you must really consider folding. The problem with the sb and bb is that most loose players will see a very high percentage of flops, just to see what they can hit. Obviously this type of play is not sustainable, however, i am very careful with what hands i play against the blinds these days... a product of some sickening beats at the hands of morons who just can't seem to fold when they are behind!!!

Well played, and best of luck with JJ next time!