PDA

View Full Version : 3 Hands and 3 Questions

jgorsegner
01-23-2004, 01:46 AM
3/6 Online

Hand 1
I am in the BB with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG folds, EP calls, next five players fold, SB calls. I check.
Flop is 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks. I bet. They both call.
Turn is A /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB checks. I bet. EP folds and SB calls.
River is 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB checks. I bet. SB folds.

Even though I won this hand, did I overplay it with only a Q with a weak kicker?

Hand 2
CO posted BB before the hand was dealt. I am UTG with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. I raise. Next two players fold, MP and LP call, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, and the BB calls.
Flop is Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks. I check (planning to check raise). .MP and LP check. Button bets. BB calls, I raise, MP folds. LP, Button, and BB call.
Turn is J /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks. I bet. LP folds. Button raises. BB calls. I call.
River is 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif. BB checks. I check. Button checks.
Button won with 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB had T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Was this a good check raise on the flop or was I risking too much in giving flush or straight draws free cards? I believe I played the rest of the hand fine.

Hand 3
9-Handed. I am in the CO with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG calls. Next two fold. LMP and LP call. I raise. Button and blinds fold. The other three call.
Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. All three check to me. I bet. All three call.
Turn is 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif UTG and LMP check. LP bets. I raise (thinking even if I am behind against a king I should try and force the other two out to increase my chances of winning the pot). All three call.
River is 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. All three check. I check.
EP won with J /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif. LP had K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and LMP had K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Was I right to raise the Turn?

All comments appreciated.

Piiop
01-23-2004, 03:59 AM
Hand 1

The hand was played fine. If the SB was holding a queen, then the paired board and Ace negate kicker problems. However, he could've had an 8 or been waiting for the river to check-raise his flush, so you might consider checking behind on the river.

Hand 2

You do NOT want to check-raise this flop. With 3 cold-callers and the BB this flop had to hit someone with a str8 or flush draw and you want to charge them. The turn brings probably the worst card possible. I would've check-folded this on the turn. Only if your Ace was /images/graemlins/club.gif then I would've stayed to see the river.

Hand 3

Preflop - good. Flop - good. Turn - the idea is a good one but since they both stayed in on the flop I doubt they're going anywhere now. I would not have raised in this situation.

Stu Pidasso
01-23-2004, 04:11 AM
Hand 1
You should check the river. The SB only calls if your beat.

Hand 2
On the flop, bet out and three bet. You cannot afford to give a free card so check raising is not good. Also I do not like the raise preflop except in games where players are playing garbage.

Hand 3
Raising the turn is fine if you want to show down and you can fold to a reraise or river bet(provided the river isn't a Q).

Stu