PDA

View Full Version : Kxs and KJo in the CO

BigEndian
01-22-2004, 11:35 PM
The only read worth noting is that the table probably thinks I'm a horrible player from a thin call I made 10 hands ago. And they know I'm capable of making a move on the pot.

Hand 1:
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
BigEndian has K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is CO

EP1 limps, EP2 limps, MP3 limps, BigEndian limps, Button folds, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(6 SB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, UTG checks, EP1 checks, EP2 bets, MP3 calls, BigEndian calls, BB folds, UTG folds, EP1 folds

Turn(4 1/2 BB): 8/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP2 bets, MP3 calls, BigEndian raises, EP2 3-bets, MP3 calls, BigEndian calls

River(13 1/2 BB): Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP2 bets, MP3 calls, BigEndian raises, EP2 3-bets, MP3 folds, BigEndian caps, EP2 calls

Hand 2:
Party Poker 2/4 (10 handed)
BigEndian has K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is CO

EP2 limps, BigEndian raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, EP2 3-bets, BigEndian calls

Flop(7 1/2 SB): K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP2 checks, BigEndian checks

Turn(3 3/4 BB): 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP2 checks, BigEndian checks

River(3 3/4 BB): T/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP2 bets, BigEndian calls

Thoughts?

- Jim

Vehn
01-22-2004, 11:41 PM
Hand 1 is an awful turn raise. Awful. PF is fine.

Hand 2 is fine too really. Usually you should bet the turn when he checks twice but I don't think it matters much here really.

BigEndian
01-22-2004, 11:48 PM
Aweful? That's kind of harsh.

You don't think there's a reasonable chance my caller is on a flush draw and my open bettor has a Jack? I raise here representing the straight with about as many outs as one would like to have.

If I was just called and the river was non-flush, I would have bet again unimproved still representing the straight.

On hand two, I didn't bet the turn because I figured he might think I know that most people won't limp re-raise with less than something that touches that board that crushes me. He might think that going for the CR twice would be the only way to get any chips out of me.

- Jim

BottlesOf
01-22-2004, 11:50 PM
I don't understand the turn raise in hand 1. Is this what majorkong is talking about in his famous post? Raising with a weaker than normal hand to maximize your chances of winning the pot?

Hand 2 looks fine, I may heve bet the turn, depending on the opponent.

Vehn
01-22-2004, 11:54 PM
First off I'm drunk. 2nd off, when turn action goes bet call to you, whats the chances you're making off on the turn or river with the pot with bottom pair (with a turn raise)? None. There's no value in the turn raise semibluff here - the only value in these types of raises are if there's a possibility of winning pot right there. Here, there isnt.

[ QUOTE ]
If I was just called and the turn was non-flush, I would have bet again unimproved still representing the straight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you mean river here. Assuming turn action went bet call raise (you) call call, betting the river when checked to on a blank would again be throwing money away. There is no chance you will make off with the pot with 4th pair.

BigEndian
01-22-2004, 11:58 PM
Yep, I meant river, will edit it. See, you aren't as drunk as you think?

I may be off base with my turn raise, but I could still see it working if my opponents had the hands I put them on. As it was, when I was re-raised, it was clear that a river blank would be a fold for me.

- Jim

Vehn
01-22-2004, 11:59 PM
True but when there's this much action on a very scary board like this there's just no chance your semibluff turn raise will work. In other words when he bets the turn, and is called, and its to you, on this scary board your opponents (or at least one of them) must have stronger than average made hands to bet or call on the turn. Do I make any sense? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BottlesOf
01-23-2004, 12:00 AM
Ohhhh HI new avatar
http://www.svandyke.com/kycameraguy/ud2/02090707.htm

BigEndian
01-23-2004, 12:02 AM
I don't remember that post, but I only made the raise for a bluffing opportunity on the river if I needed it or if they folded right there.

- Jim

Vehn
01-23-2004, 12:02 AM
sigh that was an accidently clipboard paste that I had out there for 5 seconds. f'ing board campers /images/graemlins/frown.gif