PDA

View Full Version : DEFENDING THE HONOR OF THE TOURNAMENT FORUM

DougBrennan
01-22-2004, 10:14 PM
For any who are not aware, on Thur. Feb. 5 at 8:30 EST there is a $20 multi-table NLHE tournament scheduled at TruePoker for members of the Internet Forum (Zoo) Small Stakes Forum (SS--un a stunning display of originality) and the Tournament Forum (Looney Touns--which I guess leaves us no room to make fun of the Small Stakes moniker.)

The tournament is played as a normal NLHE multi, but the organizer, Mike Haven, will tabulate scores a determine a Forum Winner. This is a re-match for the Zoo and SS, and we are being asked to participate for the first time, now that they think they are ready for us /images/graemlins/grin.gif

This is a call for all interested Tourney Forum members to sign up, get yourself in at True, and register for the tourney. (Already available.) See Mike Haven's post which I just bumped, or go to the Internet Forum and look for his posts, for all the details. ALL are invited, the only requirement is the desire to play for OUT TEAM. Various challenges and last-longer bets are encouraged, and should be handled through the Internet Forum, the Zoo is all about clutter.

You may feel free to PM me with any questions, or leave messages on this thread, but out of politeness let's try to keep the number of actual threads to a minimum.

Above all, GO LOONEY TOUNS, GO, GO, GO!!!

Mike Haven
01-23-2004, 07:49 AM
I believe I have sent the Private Tournament's Password to everyone who has e-mailed me for it at zoopoker@yahoo.com, (all e-mail addresses remain strictly confidential and I promise I will use them only for the convenience of tourney-related info-passing).

Acesover8s
Al Capone Junior
C M Burns
dbrennan
DrPhysic

FossilMan
heyrocker
jedi
jpg777
jwp22

Moonsugar
TheGrifter
t_perkin
VinnyTheFish

The following Players are in the Touns Team, but have not yet e-mailed me for the Password. Please note that if you Register before the 1st February you receive a $2 Rebate. To try to avoid "No Shows" letting down the Team, if I haven't been asked for the Password within a day or two of the Tournament the relevant Players will be dropped from the Team, so, as well as to help me in administrative terms, please request the Password, immediately. Thank you.

Bluff1
Bozeman
DOTTT
GrinningBuddha
Spike

superleeds

Al_Capone_Junior
01-23-2004, 10:45 AM
JUST LOOK AT THE PROOF:

[ QUOTE ]

Acesover8s
Al Capone Junior
C M Burns
dbrennan
DrPhysic

FossilMan
heyrocker
jedi
jpg777
jwp22

Moonsugar
TheGrifter
t_perkin
VinnyTheFish

Bluff1
Bozeman
DOTTT
GrinningBuddha
Spike

superleeds

[/ QUOTE ]

Fossil, one of the best posters here.

Heyrocker, in the money in all 2+2 SNGs so far.

And of course, yours truly /images/graemlins/grin.gif, 4th place winner in the original 2+2 SNG event!~ /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

All the others in the TOONS are of course noteworthy and near legends as well....

al

heyrocker
01-23-2004, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Heyrocker, in the money in all 2+2 SNGs so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heyrocker - luckiest bastard in the forums

Guy McSucker
01-23-2004, 05:28 PM
Al (steelballsd) says:

JUST LOOK AT THE PROOF

There's also Craig (bozeman) who quite frankly "rocks", as I believe you Americans say, and Acesover8s, who could murder any of you at any game of your choosing in an instant, if you can catch him off tilt and sober. The rest of the line-up looks pretty awesome too.

Touns is gonna win, I tell ya.

Now if only we could persuade crockpot to defect...

As for me, not only am I a terrible player, but also the tournament is at a ridiculous time for us Brits. You won't miss me, but I'm rootin' for Touns.

Guy.

DougBrennan
01-23-2004, 05:40 PM
I have a feeling you're going to be "ill" on Friday Feb 6, so that you could afford to play in a multi starting at, what, 1:30 AM your time?

If not, thanks for the show of support.

William
01-23-2004, 06:03 PM
The Touns team is looking pretty good, but what happens if you don't get the required 50 players?
I would consider changing team and join you(if I'm welcome of course) but I don't want to find myself in the situation of beeing forced to forfeit because we only have half a team.
Suggestions?

Take care,
William

Acesover8s
01-23-2004, 07:14 PM
As one of the defectors from the Zoo team, I must say that I have these guys all figured out. The Zoo guys are all rock-tight, so always bet into them or bet if they check. If they bet, fold IMMEDIATELY, you are quite possibly looking at a royal flush! In fact, if one of them calls your bet, go ahead and fold out of turn, you are beaten.

As for these Small Stakes guys they will be more trouble, falling down over themselves, calling with anything SOOOOTED. Try to avoid the bad beats they will put on us and we'll be fine. As we approach the money they will tighten up, as the prizes will be more money than they have ever played for, now you can use the Zoo strategy against them as well.

Your friend in eternal drunkeness,

Acesover8s

DrPhysic
01-23-2004, 07:14 PM
William,
Join the bandwagon! No chance of a half a team problem.
(partly because of TF unity!)

but mostly because Mike Haven already said in one of his posts about the tournament that he would weight the team scores so teams with more or less players would have an equal chance. Ie: No forfeit because we didn't have time to get enough players.

Doc

Acesover8s
01-23-2004, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Acesover8s, who could murder any of you at any game of your choosing in an instant, if you can catch him off tilt and sober.

[/ QUOTE ]

Guy, what do you place the odds of me being off tilt and sober at the same time? Granted, I've been getting better at being only tilty or drunk, but to avoid both is beyond my means.

[ QUOTE ]
As for me, not only am I a terrible player, but also the tournament is at a ridiculous time for us Brits. You won't miss me, but I'm rootin' for Touns.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dammit Guy, how many times have I tried to talk you into these things? This time we definitely need you, since our team is so small. I suggest you skip work to play in it and I'll cover your buyin. (Christmas Comes early this year).

Acesover8s

Mike Haven
01-23-2004, 07:30 PM
As DrPhysic says, I have a tried and tested scoring system that is exactly weighted to make Teams "equal", in a mathematical sense. (I will explain it in a later post.)

If you would like to change Teams, please pm me.

DougBrennan
01-23-2004, 07:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As one of the defectors from the Zoo team, I must say that I have these guys all figured out. The Zoo guys are all rock-tight, so always bet into them or bet if they check. If they bet, fold IMMEDIATELY, you are quite possibly looking at a royal flush! In fact, if one of them calls your bet, go ahead and fold out of turn, you are beaten.

As for these Small Stakes guys they will be more trouble, falling down over themselves, calling with anything SOOOOTED. Try to avoid the bad beats they will put on us and we'll be fine. As we approach the money they will tighten up, as the prizes will be more money than they have ever played for

[/ QUOTE ]

Now THAT'S funny stuff!

I PMed William to encourage the defection, and I also PMed Guy and told him I had a feeling he was going to be too ill to work on Feb 6, so he might as well play.

Semi-seriously, I played in the KOTZ after our first SNG, and I gotta tell ya, the SNGs have been tougher. So tight you couldn't pull a needle out of their butt with a tractor.

DrPhysic
01-23-2004, 07:55 PM
Way to go Doug.

Off to a flying start.

I will send a pm to all the SNG folks asking them to join and reminding those on mikes list that have not registered to get signed up.

I plan to send it to the ones from Zoo also. We'll get some more defectors.

Go Team Touns!

Doc

Hotrod0823
01-23-2004, 09:32 PM
Well I emailed Mike and should get the password shortly. Just made my first deposit on true today.

Hope I can contribute something to the team!

jwp
01-23-2004, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All the others in the TOONS are of course noteworthy and near legends as well....

[/ QUOTE ]

Not quite, but I am willing to become one!

William
01-24-2004, 01:14 AM
Very well then, as I have checked my swiss bank account and I can see that the sum we agreed on has been deposited /images/graemlins/grin.gif I will defect the Zoo ranks and join the Touns team.
And btw, the strategy Aces talks about works! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Al_Capone_Junior
01-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Hell for a brief time I was the ONLY toon member and I still wasn't willing to forfeit!

al

DrPhysic
01-24-2004, 09:19 PM
AIN'aGONNA happen neither. I just sent pm with tourn details and invite to play for Touns to all the SNG gang that are not on a team.

Doc

Al_Capone_Junior
01-24-2004, 11:29 PM
had to stay within the spirit of the TOONS team, after all. Can't take things too seriously.

al