PDA

View Full Version : poker stars vs paridise

mattw
01-22-2004, 09:33 PM
i have been playing at party for several months now and enjoy the site. lots of fish, great and timely support, and lots of games. overall, i like party. until yesterday.

after downloading their latest upgrade yesterday, many times during the play of a hand, i dont have any option buttons to fold, call etc. after many contacts with support, i am getting the feeling that they are unable or unwillng to fix this problem. i am unable to play like this because i use all of my all-ins.

thus i am looking for a new site and requesting recommendations:

1. where are the fish?
2. best support and 800# if needed?
3. best cashouts?
4. player notes on screen?
5. statistics on screen?

thanks in advance.

Inthacup
01-22-2004, 09:39 PM
1. where are the fish?

Not at Stars and Paradise

Stars, but I'm not sure if they have an 800 number. Paradise definitely doesn't.

3. best cashouts?

Party by a longshot

Paradise

5. statistics on screen?

Paradise

My suggestion is to figure out the software problem and stay at Party.

Cup

William
01-22-2004, 09:43 PM
Internet connection was very bad yesterday, but it is true that Party, probably because there are so many players is constantly crashing down or having all kind of problems.

To answer your questions, points 2 to 4, definitelu PokerStars and then Paradise.
Regarding point 1, Paradise is hard, Pokerstars is probably the best of the "big" sites. Perhaps somebody else will recommend one of the small sites, but you can't be sure to allways find a game.

Take care,
William

Bubmack
01-23-2004, 04:12 AM
You can also give pacific a shot. If any site can make a claim other than Party as being the most fishy...It is Pacific. They also have a reasonable game selection. However, the software is slow.

Bubs

dogsballs
01-23-2004, 06:09 AM
where are the fish?
3. best cashouts?
5. statistics on screen?

It seems to be the mantra...Party's fishy, Party's fishy...!

And, you know what..?!.? It's true. There's fish there, no doubt at all. But, from my own personal results, I've done better - recently, that is (3 mths) - at Stars and Ultimate. I think that a lot of folk, like many of us work-a-day poker players are moving over and concentrating on sucking Party/Empire/whatever dry. And leaving some of the other sites relatively shark-free.

...to answer your points (and just remember, I ain't kno golddarn iggspirt,...").

1) Plenty fish at lots of rooms; not just Party & skins.
2) ...errr....let's not worry about this, just tell me where the biggest fish are?. Show me the money..!".
3) Cashouts? They pretty much all cashout eventually - as long as you hear that someone else successfully cashed out before you, you know you're very likely safe.
4) No big deal. (well; as long as you can keep notes somehow - they are important!... if you're serious about the game.
5) No big deal. you should know yourself if you're playing well - or not. At least to the standards that you rquire.

To boil it down, go look at the bigger sites, I say. Use that game selection of yours! (Ultimate and Stars been sloppy loose very recently).

All jmho,
dogs

dogsballs
01-23-2004, 06:13 AM

Plenty fish at Stars. Dunno about Paradise.

3. best cashouts?

Party by a longshot

Heh, nice one.

Like I said; getting fishy at other sites too.
/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

dogs

TylerD
01-23-2004, 06:28 AM
I've noticed low limit games at Paradise to be very soft recently, perhaps slightly more aggressive than Party, but just as loose.

pretender2k
01-23-2004, 07:25 AM
I don't know why but I felt like I was playing on a different site lately. I personally have not been getting great results in very loose games so I stuck to UB where I was making a consistent win. Lately I had to adjust my play there and grin and bear it when my aces get beat by a person that called three bets pre-flop with 67o.

Just my observation but it seems that UB has loosen up. I am sure it is because more people are finding it.

If you do sign up there I would appreciate it if you use pretender2k in the refer a friend bonus at sign up. You can get a $50 bonus on your first $100.

daryn
01-23-2004, 01:11 PM
party has player notes on screen.. you just hover your mouse over the little post-it note

Sarge85
01-23-2004, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've noticed a lot of posts regarding how tough Paradise is. I think they must have used to be tough, but they are no tougher than any other site than I've been at. Maybe not quite as manical as Party, but there are still flop %'s consistently in the 40's-50's and I see alot of K9o or J5s taking down pots.

I think for a "quick" $50 - it's a reasonable play.