PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EST (Thus Jan 22)

DrPhysic
01-22-2004, 05:18 PM
2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EST (Thus Jan 22)

OK, guys. I'm getting all too many "where's my SNG" messages. Game tonight is on.

At 9:30 Eastern, 8:30 Central, 6:30 Pacific tonight
I will sign on to the first available empty $10+1 18 player NLHE SNG on Stars.
It may take a few minutes after the hour for a previous table to fill.
I log on as DrPhysic. That's how you find the table.

After the game starts, I will post "DrPhysic 2+2" on the chat line. All invited to do so

using either Stars login name or 2+2 login name if you wish to show it.

All 2+2ers who play that are not already on pm notice list, please pm me with Stars name so we can send invitation to future games and include you in the reports.

All 2+2'ers invited.
Respond by PM please.

See you then.
Doc

thomastem
01-22-2004, 05:22 PM
You da man Doc me and my critters will be there!

DrPhysic
01-22-2004, 10:06 PM
I will log on the first empty 18 seat 10+1 SNG at stars after 9:30 EST as DrPhysic.

After it fills I will log on the next one. Look for me or other 2+2ers.

I do not plan to play both so will unregister after I see some of our guys.

If you wish to play both games give the others a minute to register, then jump in. We will have more than one table, but may not fill 2.

(double bragging rights for winning both)

Doc

DrPhysic
01-23-2004, 01:22 AM
The first development of tonights SNG was wayabvpar getting a headache from playing O8B and NLHE at the same time.

The next development was when we learned of heyrockers favorite web site "www.riveredagain.com"

Early leaders were wayabvpar with 4600 chips and CrisBrown with 4100.

heyrocker's 56789 beat deeznizzies (RickDiesel)'s 666.

It was not long after that heyrocker did it to Rick again with TJQKA over JJJ. It just wasn't Rick's night to get trips.

Colgin's 88 beat Lorinda (Lori)'s A2s. Come back Lori, we like players from Zoo.

On the other table thomastem is all in with 99 against CrisBrown's 88. absolute nothin board. 9's held.

Final table was DCJ311, pvl000, wayabvpar, thomastem, ocean461(pokeraz), hotrod0823, CrisBrown, JPG777, and heyrocker.

Cris almost did her famous comeback thing after a couple of rough hands, but thomastem's TT99 beat out her allin with A(somepin somepin, I can't read my own writing).

Then thomastem's pocket K's put hotrod out with JJ.

Who said heyrocker gets to cash everytime we do this?

Thomastem took out DCJ411 who got 4th.

heyrocker is all in with KJ called by thomastem's AK. Board is 563 turn 8 river J. NICE RIVER HEYROCKER!

Then wayabvpar calls heyrockers all in. heyrocker 99, wayabvpar TT, and the prettiest flop seen in a week: A T A.
Nice Boat. Lacking running 9's heyrocker finishes 3rd.

wayabvpar's AJ took out thomastem's A6. thomastem finished second.

CONGRATs to wayabvpar for being tonight's game 1 winner.

VinnytheFish will give us a report on the other SNG.

Doc

VinnyTheFish
01-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Poker Stars Second set of tables (recap et al)
No limit Hold’em $10 + 1
1-22-04 21:31 EST to 23:14 EST

1. KURN ($72)
2. HelmetSky ($54)
3. Gwendoline ($36)
4. Jedi333 ($18)
5. d9090
6. VinnyTheFish
7. Zorac
8. AcesOver8s
9. StageMusic
10. JellybeanDC
11. Walleye675
12. eMarkM
13. ClaudioReyna
14. cldealer53
15. NapaWino
16. TD777
17. DaPimp
18. JPK631

Apologies in advance to other table.

In the words of Jedi (What a tournament!)

And yes it was. IT started out tighter than most, but opened up and was played in a very solid manner.

Play opened up with HelmetSky walking to an early lead and holding on to many of his chips. A few player dodged all in outs and scratched as long as they could. 2+2 favorites such as eMarkM, Stagemusic and Kurn were short stacked early.

But then your’s truly took a nice chip lead at the $100/200 level as my pocket Jacks held off SatgeMusic [8s8d] and (the chip leader) Helmutsky [k 9 ]. flop [6 7 6 Q 9 ] for T$5130. Stage exited in 9th shortly after.

Kurn (AQo)was holding on, but never in doubt as he took a nice chunk (T$1970) from the Jedi (KQo). (Q 3 8 8 7).

HelmutSky charged to the top (relinquishing my last chip lead of the night) as his QQ held strong knocked of Acesover8’s (Big Slick ). [J 4 J 6 T]. Rocking in T$8520. At this point Vinny was in #2 with a bout 4600, and 2+2 redundunt winner D9090 was #3 with about 4000.

D9090 was not about to bow out and took Zorac (friend of Space Ghost) down as the [Q - T ] rocked [44] with the commun being [K T J 3 5],

Jedi then took a good handful of chips away from Helmutsky as [Q K ] faced A T --- T7260 to be exact. But our young Jedi was not done by any means … ending Zorac’s night with two pair (Q2’s) knocking off his paired Queen.

Helmetsky (again) continued to cripple players (yet not enough this time). The Helmet took home 9000+from Kurn as he flushed on the river with Q9, overtaking Kurn’s Ako. Helmet did not need the flush since he already had the set of 9’s,

As the players dropped, the final 4 were set. Jedi was the short stack with about T2600, Helmut about T7700, Kurn 7800 & Gwen with about T8600+.

Ironically Kurn set Jedi home with a King high – 8 kicker. I kid u not! This put Kurn over 12K and in a commanding lead.

Gwen was crippled with her 2pr. AQ’s bowing to Helmet’s set of 2’s made on the turn. This left Qwen with under 1000.

I just missed the final hand, but as always, had a greattime!!

Faithfully summitted:
VinnyTheFish … “I just wanna make a buck!”

DrPhysic
01-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I do not have you on the mailing list for SNG announcements. Send me a pm please. It would help a lot if you would include your name on Stars.

Doc

wayabvpar
01-23-2004, 02:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The first development of tonights SNG was wayabvpar getting a headache from playing O8B and NLHE at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am telling ya, it was really hard! I quit my O8 game so I could concentrate on the SnG (I am trying to learn O8 for KotZ next week, so I can't play it on autopilot yet). Caught some lucky cards and made some decent educated guesses. Fun tourney...look forward to the next one!