PDA

View Full Version : Can you fold this?

Spartacus
01-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Party NL tourney, 1000+ started, 45 left. Blinds are 750-1500 and I am in the BB with 27K. Folded around to SB who is the chip leader with 95K, who completes. I have K /images/graemlins/club.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif. We see the flop and it comes,
A /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks and I check. Turn is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif and he bets 3K, I call. River is 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and he bets 20K.

Could I possibly fold here? Well he obviously had K7 or I would not have posted this.

Here are some considerations, it is a $5 buyin tourney so although I am in the money it's not much. I need to make final table to make anything signifigant. He has been playing very well since I have been at this table.

Here was my thinking; I ruled out flopped set, AA JJ or 77. With three clubs on board, I figured he'd want the pot rather than risk a club turning so he'd make a small bet. Along the same line, I rule out AJ and A7. Me having a king makes it tough to have a set of them.

I feared K7 but I wanted to double up and have a better chance to finish well rather than be at 20K. I guess that's why I play in the small buyin tourneys.

Anyway, comments please?

Am I way off base in my thinking about what he could not have?

I appreciate any comments.

thomastem
01-22-2004, 05:16 PM
Not knowing what was bet preflop is Q-10 possible?

Spartacus
01-22-2004, 05:18 PM
I want him to have QT as I flopped the nut flush.

thomastem
01-22-2004, 05:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I want him to have QT as I flopped the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know. I posed the question because it's a very strong case for putting all-in on the turn. 2-pair or trips which can catch you fold and Q-10 just might come.

IMO the tough decision of calling the river could have been avoided.

Inthacup
01-22-2004, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't fold.

Spartacus
01-22-2004, 05:56 PM
Thank you. It's easy to say ' you shudda done this or that ' but what I really needed to know was whether to call on the end.

CrackerZack
01-22-2004, 06:17 PM
You should've pushed all in on the turn. You really want those chips. The funny thing is, he'll almost certainly call you anyway and beat you.

crockpot
01-22-2004, 07:35 PM
i'll reserve comments on the rest of the hand and just say i probably wouldn't fold. but if i knew anything about the player's tendencies, that would help my decision-making process a lot. if you know a player well, chances are you'll know exactly what this bet means.

Spartacus
01-22-2004, 09:02 PM
I wasn't 100% sure I was beat, but I figured I was. Maybe that's why I am still just a fish. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Oh well, I'll keep coming.