PDA

View Full Version : Sunset Brawl

08-12-2002, 12:37 AM
I was in Sunset Station's poker room today watching a friend in an Omaha tournament when a fight broke out. A compulsive chain smoker was annoying a non-smoking neighbor and he refused to move the position of his cigarette. The nonsmoker asked if the smoker could just STOP blowing smoke his way, and the smoker replied "NO" (or something to that effect). I did not directly witness this, but was told second hand that the nonsmoker moved the smoker's ashtray. At that point the smoker punches the guy in the head, knocks him on the ground and begins strangling him! After shreiks and screams from the women at the table, the floor personnel broke up the brawl. Both players were given a 1 hour time out. HUH? I was shocked that someone could assalt another patron and just be given a 1 hour penalty. Personally, I think punching and choking a patron deserves a much harsher penalty (like barred for life). Just curious as to other's thoughts on this. Babe

08-12-2002, 01:11 AM
Yeah, the smoker who threw the punch and did the strangling should be out forever. I view strangling as basically deadly force. I don't want people playing in my cardroom who have like tried to kill other players. Victim should get a comped suite for a weekend or something, not a 1 hour time out. Someday the smoker will run into someone who will hand him his ass. That will be funny.

08-12-2002, 01:19 AM
Anyone could own him by hitting him once and running away. With all that smoking he couldn't catch them. /images/smile.gif

Anyways, sounds like the house was WAAAAAAAAY light on the smoker/stangler. Scary.

08-12-2002, 01:59 AM
Go ahead and hit me. Not only will I hand you your ass, I've got a good lawyer, so I'll get away with it! /images/smile.gif

Seriously, whoever threw the first punch is out. Gone. Barred. And had better pray the other guy doesn't feel like pressing assault charges.

08-12-2002, 03:26 AM
You can always count on the women to shreik and scream.

08-12-2002, 03:42 AM
You can always count on the women to shreik and scream.

Only if you do it right. It takes practice.

08-12-2002, 09:26 AM
I can't believe a discriminating woman like the BABE would set foot in a dingy card room like Sunset.Until about six months ago it was a pleasant enough room but management ineptitude and neglect have nearly destroyed it,the room is filthy and smells much like an open sewer,it's manager and floorpeople can be generously described as bumbling incompetants, the oddity and the only positive feature of the place is,it's dealers,who with the exception of one or two,rank as among the best in town.

The major exception to this has to be a dealer named "Houston",who by any objective standard would be among the worst I've ever seen.

08-12-2002, 11:22 AM
this can be some of the finest entertainment you can get...haha who says poker doesnt still have its degenerates...lolol

love these stories...they break the monotany and i love to watch em.

but i am suprised that both or at least the aggressor was allowed to play on.

b

08-12-2002, 12:10 PM
"You can always count on the women to shreik and scream. "

don't take it for granted. you've got to work to make them scream the way you want...

08-12-2002, 01:44 PM
The one who threw the first punch should have been barred for life and put on a black list at other rooms. There is no place for that sort of behavior.

He reminds me of someone who was smoking next to me. I asked, "Since I don't smoke, and the man to your right does, would you mind smoking with the other hand."

He replied, "I smoke with my left hand."

A short time later I quietly left the table, annoyed with myself for not saying,"It must be terrible to be so handicapped that you can smoke with only one hand."

08-12-2002, 03:43 PM
Just keep spitting at his cigarette every couple of minutes until he moves it. Tell him that you understand he's simply doing something to improve his enjoyment of the time in the card room - and now so are you.

08-12-2002, 04:58 PM
I think the sunsets are the softest games in vegas especially in the winter.On the other hand the smoke is always bad.The last time I played there this guy liked to wave his cig.around you know the type.Well after trying to wave the smoke away for 10mins.He says to me as long as there is smoking allowed I'm gonna smoke!I say's to him do you see any no FARTING SIGNS?Well fella GET READY.He took a couple of more puffs never said another word and left..TOO BAD have a nice day...

08-12-2002, 05:01 PM
He replied, "I smoke with my left hand."

can you turn around then?

(ill tell you what your cards are.)

(you play every hand and call to the river anyway)

(etc.)

or the ever popular,

i didnt realize you were chirality (chirally?) dysfunctional.

or for a return to basics (heh),

your other left!

ok, it needs a little work.

08-12-2002, 07:10 PM
I once saw a floorman punch a prop; they then wrestled each other to the ground, knocking over the table, sending chips flying all over the place. When the mess was finally cleaned up, the cardroom manager calmly walked over to the floorman and said, "You know, I'm probably going to have to fire you, Joe."

08-12-2002, 07:14 PM
He didn't say he could count on it, he said you can count on it.

They usually shreik and scream at him when he's trying to steal $6 from them.

As for me, they're usually banging on my door at all hours of the night. Somtimes it gets so bad I have to let them out. . .

08-12-2002, 08:33 PM

08-12-2002, 09:06 PM
I hate to admit to this, but I was playing in an tournement at the Mirage one day when some women at the slots machines started really screaming. The dealer said "Bring them over here, but don't take the blindfolds off first." I don't want to be sexist, but I can't help it. I thought this was the funniest thing I ever heard at a poker table.

08-13-2002, 01:44 PM