PDA

View Full Version : IM'ing and Pokertracker and telephones and paranoia

Rushmore
01-22-2004, 10:08 AM
I see a lot of players openly exchanging IM addresses with folks with whom they are playing at the same table (or, at least, potentially-so). These exchanges happen here, through PM, and even in chat at the very table at which they will be playing.

I see people in chat boxes saying "Call me, so-and-so," when they're sitting at the same table.

I cannot help but wonder, sometimes, when a player is "thinking" about calling, raising, or folding, if he's not just checking his Pokertracker stats to see the variety of hands with which I might just have made a particular play.

Are these players all just "hiding in plain sight," or is all of this pretty much innocuous?

Jim Easton
01-22-2004, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I see a lot of players openly exchanging IM addresses with folks with whom they are playing at the same table

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say most of this is probably harmless, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to make a note of it and watch their play.

[ QUOTE ]
I cannot help but wonder, sometimes, when a player is "thinking" about calling, raising, or folding, if he's not just checking his Pokertracker stats to see the variety of hands with which I might just have made a particular play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That certainly is possible. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person that does it.