PDA

View Full Version : Party 3/6 hand

Bogatog
01-22-2004, 05:56 AM
Regular party 3/6, sat down about 5 hands ago, no reads

EP limp, MP limp to me on the button with 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I limp, SB completes, BB checks
5 players to the flop

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif8 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB, BB, EP check
MP bets
I raise
SB, BB fold
EP limper cold calls
MP calls

Turn: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP bets
MP folds
I call

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

EP bets
I call

EP shows J /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif and my pair of 8s takes it down.

My thinking was raise the flop to see where I was since MP's bet seemed somewhat like a steal.

I called the turn since if EP had a 10 I think he would have bet the flop or check raised the turn. MP was the one I thought could have had a 10 but once he folded I thought I was pretty much in the clear. Guess I should have raised then.

On the river, I figured I was already this deep and the pot was decent and if he hit his K I'd pay off.

How'd I do?

37offsuit
01-22-2004, 09:31 AM
I think that a lot of hands beat you here, and I would have folded to the Flop bet with only mid pair, low kicker and only the runner runner straight or hitting my kicker giving me any chance of improvement. I'm thinking MP had two clubs and was betting them but your raise and then EP betting out on the turn got him concerned that he'd be chasing down inbetween raisers for a 20% hand that could still lose to a boat. Your guess that EP bet out on the turn on a draw (bluff) could have prove costly too. EP might have checked a number of winning hands on the flop and then called a raise (9/10 10/J) which would have warranted him betting out on the turn. Now if you had more info on this table, your play might have been the right one in my opinion, but with no info, I'd assume I was in a bad spot here.