PDA

View Full Version : Monte Carlo - LV

08-12-2002, 12:11 AM
Hi - I will be in Las Vegas in October and staying at the Monte Carlo. What poker games and limits do they have in their poker room including tournaments? Also does it vary from the day time to the night time or weekend versus weekday the games going? Anything else I should know about the Monte Carlo is appreciated. Thank you for any information on this.

08-12-2002, 12:30 AM
The Monte Carlo has a very nice atmosphere, and is smaller than Mirage and Bellagio. There is a manager there named Rubin who is not only efficient, but is a very good hold'em player. He sometimes deals when staff is short, and he is one of the BEST dealers I've ever seen in this town. If he is dealing when you are there, be sure to get in his game, and let me know if you agree. The limits are low, with the highest being some variation of 4-8. I think they still allow smoking in the room as well. Good Luck . Babe

08-12-2002, 01:08 AM
Also, Monte Carlo has some "high hand" specials as well.

08-12-2002, 02:44 AM
The Monte Carlo is the best small poker room on the Strip.

They spread 1-5 stud and 1-4-8-8 spread limit hold'em. They also occasionally have a 4-8 hold'em game with a half-kill. They don't run any tournaments.

If you can play very late at night (2am?), they often get a no-limit game running with many of the pit bosses playing.

08-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Even if you ask, the floor won't mention that they spread no-limit regularly. How often does it run, roughly?

08-15-2002, 05:53 PM
I believe it runs a few days a week.

I have now idea why you think the floor won't give you an honest answer.

08-15-2002, 06:01 PM
Yeah, they told me about it when I asked. I never played it though.

08-16-2002, 07:46 PM
I've asked a couple times, both over the phone. Once they told me they don't spread it at all and a couple months later they said they don't spread it usually, only once in a great while. Of course, I did call during the day, so they might just not spread it on that shift.

I didn't mean to imply they were being dishonest, I had just read different here and was under the impression it was a running game, as you and others have mentioned. IMO, the floor at the Monte Carlo is very professional and does a good job.

08-16-2002, 11:31 PM
It's possible that some on the day shift aren't aware of the game. It only runs 1-3(?) days a week and starts in the early morning hours. The game is commprised mostly of pit bosses getting off their shift.

08-18-2002, 12:01 AM
do you happen to know what the blind structure is for the NL game?

Alan

08-18-2002, 12:12 AM
I believe it's just $1 and $2.