PDA

View Full Version : Tunica - World Poker Open - Craps

Jim Kuhn
01-22-2004, 03:15 AM
Alot of poker players like to play craps. In Tunica Bally's has a $.25 crap table. I played for several hours last weekend. I did not fare too well but had alot of fun. I lost about $1,000 betting $1 on the line and $20 odds. I also bet the same come bets/odds every roll. I had very bad luck.

Another good Tunica craps option is at the Goldstrike. If you shoot and make all of the points, 4 5 6 8 9 10, you win I think $4,000. They have given out over $100,000 in this promotion. I will also post this in the other gambling forum.

daryn
01-22-2004, 03:57 AM
i enjoy craps myself... sad but i do. but wow! you must have gotten REALLY lucky to drop a grand like that. i have never lost that much in one craps session and i usually bet at least $10 on the pass line and take full odds. i guess craps is just another leak in my poker game /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TylerD
01-22-2004, 12:35 PM
I know very little about craps what does this

[ QUOTE ]
take full odds

[/ QUOTE ]

mean?

Thanks

Homer
01-22-2004, 03:20 PM
First you place a bet on the "pass" or "don't pass" line. The game ends on the first roll if a 2, 3, 7, 11 or 12 is rolled. If you bet on pass you win if a 7 or 11 is rolled, and lose if a 2, 3 or 12 is rolled. If you bet on don't pass, you win if a 2 or 3 is rolled, and lose if a 7 or 11 is rolled. If a 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, or 10 is rolled, the game continues and that number is called the "point". Now you have the opportunity to place an odds bet, which pays out at the true odds (even money bet). Next, the roller shoots until a 7 or the point is rolled. If the point is rolled and you have a bet on pass, you win. If a 7 is rolled and you have a bet on don't pass, you win.

Example 1

- You bet $5 on the pass line, which pays 1:1.

- The shooter rolls a 6.

- You bet $10 in odds (take double odds), which pays 6:5 (6 ways to roll a 7 and 5 ways to roll a 6, meaning you are 6:5 against winning, so that's what your bet pays off at).

- The shooter continues to roll and gets a 6 before getting a 7.

- You win $17, $5 for your initial bet and $12 for the odds bet.

Example 2

- You bet $5 on the don't pass line, which pays 1:1.

- The shooter rolls a 9.

- You bet $15 in odds, which pays 2:3 (6 ways to roll a 7 and 4 ways to roll a 6, meaning you are 4:6 or 2:3 against winning, so that's what your bet pays off at).

- The shooter continues to roll and gets a 7 before getting a 9.

- You win $15, $5 for your initial bet and $10 for the odds bet.

-- Homer

snakehead
01-22-2004, 03:47 PM
of course, I would never play a -ev game like craps. but just out of curiosity, what odds are allowed at the tables in tunica? at what limits?

Kurn, son of Mogh
01-22-2004, 04:47 PM
I lost about $1,000 betting $1 on the line and $20 odds. I also bet the same come bets/odds every roll. I had very bad luck.

Wow. Tough one. Sorry I wasn't at that table. Sounds like I'd have cleaned up. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Ed Miller
01-22-2004, 06:04 PM
As long as you just bet pass/come for nickels, and don't do it too much, craps isn't a big leak.

Women are about 10x the leak that pass line craps is.

Jim Kuhn
01-22-2004, 09:48 PM
Bally's and Goldstrike have 20 X's odds.

TylerD
01-23-2004, 06:08 AM
Thank you.

Easy E
01-23-2004, 01:51 PM
While it's scary to some to lay $20 to win $10, raking in 3 or 4 bets at a time when someone sevens out surely is sweet...

Tyler- what Homer didn't give an example of is laying odds on the dont's.

If you have a Don't Pass/Don't Come bet, a point is established, you can lay odds in a similar manner to the Pass/Come. On the 6/8 you lay $6 to win $5, 5/9 lay $9 to win $6 and 4/10 lay $10 to win 5.
What's sweet is that, with a cold table, you are raking in 3 bets (one don't pass w/ odds, two don't come w/odds) on ONE roll of the dice when the 7 hits to clear the felt.

With $5 base bet and the odds detailed above (single odds), you profit $21 in odds bets and $15 in base bets, along with getting all of your other chips back.

Another nice difference from Pass/Come- you can take down your bets, INCLUDING the base bet, any time you want (you can't take base right bets down once they are established, only the odds behind them). It's not to your advantage to do so, percentage-wise, but you have that option if the shooter heats up on you.

If you do decide to join the Dark Side, don't go for more than double odds unless you are way ahead. A short hot roll can clear out bets pretty quickly- if someone starts knocking you down, stop betting and wait for the next shooter.

However, you won't be too popular if you play this way. Be ready for some evil looks if you are cashing in (since most people bet right, or with the dice).