PDA

View Full Version : another live tourney placement at Canterbury...

whiskeytown
01-22-2004, 02:52 AM
I'm 2 for 2 now in the Wed. Eliminator tourneys at Canterbury... - I was in 2nd last time, 3rd place this time - got desperate and gambled with Q5 suited when my BB got raised and it was either call and be all in or wait for a small blind and half a big blind... but otherwise, I was always in the best of it in every hand I played tonight -

couple of pet peeves of mine came to light this time -

1) - railbirds are more obnoxious then ever now that poker has taken off - they're trying to look at my cards when I do and then telling the other guy after the hand that he should have called even with 2/7 offsuit - really ticked me off - and I should have gotten him removed from the area - instead I told the table he was full of crap and if he was any good, he'd be at the final table...he came up to me ear at one point and was a bit peeved about that comment ... - after that, I asked the floor to remind folks that we don't get any commentary from the peanut gallery - (they were basically 3 feet behind me) -

2) - the curmudgeon's are coming out...these are the guys who put on the heavy shades and shuffle their chips trying to decide if they're gonna play a hand...count it out over again and again... - I saw at least two hands get misplayed cause someone was stalling too long and acting like they were waiting for a flop or something...

sometimes, like two of the guys at my final table were really nice...but they just freeze and lock up and shuffle chips, count, recount, recount, count... - (LOOK....IT's #%$#@$# 1550 left ...it was 1550 last time, and it's 1550 next time...) - I honestly don't believe that you're going to give away a ton of info if you muck in 1 sec or in 20, so why not do it in one and get more hands in....cripes..

but overall, I'm glad...I'm starting to think that I need to start playing more live tourneys...for one thing, they're a bit easier and softer then online and I seem to do better in them, even when they're bigger crapshoots because of the speed..., and a bit more fun... - but then I have to get in line an hour early and wait... - LOL

anyways, off to bed... 495 bucks later - I can be at peace for tonight...

pax
RB

daryn
01-22-2004, 03:34 AM
congratulations on your success.. i have been meaning to get into more live tourneys myself.. they are fun. haven't placed yet though in my 3 live tourneys.

eastbay
01-22-2004, 03:46 AM
Congrats.

You can feel good about your prize, but you should only feel at peace when you win the whole dang thing. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Regards,
eastbay

FeliciaLee
01-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Very awesome! I'm so happy for you, WT /images/graemlins/grin.gif