PDA

View Full Version : Apprentice #3

Jedi Poker
01-22-2004, 01:33 AM
The ratings are going to tumble next week now that Sam is gone. A no-brainer decision for Trump to let him go though.

Seems like women are better than men at little things. But there is absolutely no way the women could get away with what they did when negotiating for the ounce of gold if they are placed in a high stakes negotiation like a giant merger or in the brokering of a multi-million dollar order.

baggins
01-22-2004, 03:06 AM
true, but they could pull off the same thing more subtly, me thinks...

however, the men really were bad at the game. i mean really bad. and Sam was just an idiot. he didn't know when to shut up! i think that if he had implemented the same plan, and done everything else the same, but was a nice guy and wasn't such an annoying prick he might still be around. i mean, it's not like the rest of the guys were trying very hard either. i think they KNEW they were going to lose (almost on purpose) and they were just so glad to get rid of Sam, they KNEW he was going to be the one cut. no question. so perhaps they relaxed a bit on this mission because they knew they were going to lose so Sam could get cut.

anyway, i haven't seen a contestant i have LIKED yet... they're all pretentious punks. maybe Kwame, but we'll see.

Utah
01-22-2004, 07:54 PM
But there is absolutely no way the women could get away with what they did when negotiating for the ounce of gold if they are placed in a high stakes negotiation like a giant merger or in the brokering of a multi-million dollar order

Who are you kidding? Sex plays a huge role in big deals. At my last company, management hired a hooker for the buyer of our products. Net result $1.5M sale

The amazing thing about this show is how stupid these teams are. The equation for this was really simple. Rank the items in order of value of getting a deal. Close the simple ones and focus on the biggies. The gold was just stupid to waste time on because it had a underpinning value.

In general this show is just awesome. The business challenges are truly interesting and the insight into teamwork is very accurate. I am really glad they axed Sam. If they didn't axe him the show woulf have no legitimacy.

The best line from the show was actually from next weeks preview. Donalds hot chick COO tells the girls that using sex just aint going to fly if they want to get into the organization. I thought this was hilarious because the show is heavily using sex to sell the show. I have worked on a ton of project teams and I have never seen a team with that many girls with six pack abs.

TimTimSalabim
01-22-2004, 08:45 PM
I think it will be more watchable. Sam was fun to watch the first episode, interesting on the second, but by the third episode, I was growing weary of his antics. The whole football plan was horrendous from start to finish. As that other guy said, Sam can't follow and he can't lead, so what's left? I'm much rather watch people who can actually put a plan together and execute, not just talk about how great they are. I think the show will get better as they trim off the deadwood.