PDA

View Full Version : Jucy lones bonus

Losing all
01-22-2004, 01:22 AM
I had the day off so I decided to go for this playing three .50/1.'s.

the bad- Playing three .5/1.'s sucks! especially on one screen(my monitor/system isn't set up for poker, so that makes it even worse.) also I thought I had a cake walk to top 60 as I was bouncing around between 58-62 after 2 or 3 hours, but this game is just too slow to even think about keeping up with the (over 60) shorthanded players going for it. I made a last ditch effort at 10:30(10 hands behind 60th) by dumping 2 of my slow games and moving to pl25, but they werent really moving either, and 1 dried up soon after I got there costing me a few more hands in switch time. One other thing, I didn't take any breaks at all, so every piss or drink was a challenge.

the good- Once I figured out the $40 wasn't gonna happen I knew I could coast into the $20 by 11pm. I played 1 table for a little while and noticed I wasn't sliding much, so I quit early. I didn't expect to win much with my speed chess type setup, but I hit a few big hands early, and ran into some of the worst play I've ever seen, and that's saying a lot for party .50/1. +185BB's! I've had good runs before, but I couldn't even imagine that result in any semi-serious game.

bottom line, I think it's worth the work for any other LL grinders out there, but it is work.

drudman
01-22-2004, 01:26 AM
Jucy Lones? Hah hah hah...

You're only going to get this playing multiple 6 max tables I think, I mean at least in the top 20. I got the $20 on 3 full 2/4s.

Losing all
01-22-2004, 01:37 AM
I can't take creadit for Jucy lones. I usually play SnG's and the default game you see on the top of that screen is limit 200+15 and I've noticed the name there several times lately (could this be a 2+2er? I'm guessing yes) Anyways, I thought it was pretty funny.

I agree with you about not getting the $80 without playing 3 SH games, I just wanted to test this out over a full shift.

Robk
01-22-2004, 01:48 AM
Jucy Lones sat at the 2 + 2 table one time, but I don't know who it is.

Losing all
01-22-2004, 01:58 AM
ha, I figured as much. I could make an imformed guess, but dude might not want to be outed, so I wont.

BTW- you don't happen to know a RobeK do you? he put me out on the bubble a few nights ago.

bigpooch
01-22-2004, 11:13 AM
If you're a good short-handed player, just play 3 tables of
6-handed and you will coast into the top 20 even if you only
play 8 of the 9 hours. Also, if you plan to play during
most of the 9 hours, you have the freedom to take a total of
1 hour in breaks. For example, I only played about 7 hours
and 45 minutes of 3 tables and finished 12th. Also, I was
not even playing at top speed because for three hours I was
playing 3 tables at another site.

Jim Easton
01-22-2004, 11:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I had the day off so I decided to go for this playing three .50/1.'s.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the "established" way of hitting the top 20 is 3 SH 1/2's. One problem with 3 .5/1's is there are too many unraked pots.

It is fairly easy to coast into the top 60 playing 3 3/6's, you can even take a few little breaks.

Yesterday I hit the $20 (109th -3 3/6's) even though I didn't play for almost 2.5 of the 9 hours.

Robk
01-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Nope although I am partial to the alternate spelling Rabbe.
My party handle is HighnMighty.