PDA

View Full Version : Aces heads-up against a good player

MaxPower
01-22-2004, 12:46 AM
My opponent in both of these hands is a good player by Party 3/6 standards. I've played with him a few times before and engaged in table chatter with him, so I'm sure he knows who I am and how I play. He might be a 2+2er, but I'm not sure.

I think I played both hands well and I think my opponent lost more than he needed to on both.

Hand 1

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
MaxPower has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif and is MP3

MP1 raises, MaxPower 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 caps, MaxPower calls

Flop(9 1/3 SB): 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP1 bets, MaxPower raises, MP1 3-bets, MaxPower calls

Turn(7 2/3 BB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP1 bets, MaxPower raises, MP1 calls

River(11 2/3 BB): 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

MP1 bets, MaxPower raises, MP1 calls

Hand 2

Party Poker 3/6 (10 handed)
MaxPower has A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif and is MP2

EP2 limps, MaxPower raises, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, EP2 calls

Flop(5 1/3 SB): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

EP2 checks, MaxPower bets, EP2 raises, MaxPower calls

Turn(4 2/3 BB): 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

EP2 bets, MaxPower calls

River(6 2/3 BB): 5/images/graemlins/club.gif

EP2 bets, MaxPower raises, EP2 calls

Barry
01-22-2004, 01:21 AM
Hand 1

I don't know why he bet into you on the river with his KK/QQ after you raise the turn.

Hand 2

Why not raise the turn. Are you so sure that he will bet the river after you call the turn? And if he has a big hand like 66/AJ/A6s, you might even get 4 bets in on the turn.

Joe Tall
01-22-2004, 12:08 PM
Hand#1

Very well done!

Hand#2

I'm a turn raiser here. Hopefully he'd 3-bet AK or AJ and I can cap. I fine players lay off river raises.

Where is the "the land of chocolate" btw?

Peace,
JT

MaxPower
01-22-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1

I don't know why he bet into you on the river with his KK/QQ after you raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. He could have saved a bet. He should know that I am putting him on a strong hand because he capped pre-flop. After I raise him on 3-streets, he should start to give me credit. I'm not complaining. I'm glad he bet his Kings.
[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2

Why not raise the turn. Are you so sure that he will bet the river after you call the turn? And if he has a big hand like 66/AJ/A6s, you might even get 4 bets in on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I thought he would fold middle pair to a turn raise, which is a more likely holding. He's aggressive, so if he has a big hand I still might get 4 bets in on the river.

Against a weaker player who would call a turn raise and then check the river, I would raise the turn everytime.

MaxPower
01-22-2004, 12:37 PM
I didn't think he had AK or AJ. He would have raised pre-flop with those. Against most players I would raise the turn. This guy was tight/aggressive, so I thought he would fold to my turn raise. If he had a big hand, I would have won more by raising the turn. I just didn't put him on a big hand, most likely due to his checkraise on the flop.

The Land of Chocalate is Germany I believe, but I think it mostly exists in our imiginations.