PDA

View Full Version : pushing too hard?

Diplomatdcm
01-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Party 15-30,
I am in the BB with T /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG Limps, 1 mor ep limper 2 mp limpers and the button calls I check.
Flop is A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif
I check UTG and Up checks, Mp bets, 2nd Mp player
calls, button call I raise all call.
Turn is the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif
I bet all call
River is a total blank I check, fold.
comments on all streets

Diplomat
01-21-2004, 05:00 PM
I think there are two conflicting arguments here for checkraising or just calling the flop.

You might want to just call the flop, because you don't mind people behind you calling, and you very likely could face a re-raise. Also with this many players your flush may not be good if it hits; I'd like to find out cheaply. I prefer to save the flop checkraises for value when I hold the nut draw and the board is not paired.

But with three callers, you are getting decent odds for your money on a checkraise, and had a bet come from the button or the last MPP, you could try to represent an ace.

Given though that you took this line of action, when -everyone- calls the flop, it looks like you are being set up for a raise on the turn. Trying to bluff into this many players on the turn leads to a world of hurt, as you are definitely going to have to show down the best hand to win almost every time here. So, if you checkraise the flop, check the turn. If the turn action is heavy, you may need to consider that your flushdraw is no good if it hits and fold.

So I'd check the turn almost every time given the situation, and obviously check/fold the river.

-Diplomat

p.s. nice name. /images/graemlins/cool.gif