PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 Hand Last one from me

daveymck
01-21-2004, 03:45 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (7 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is SB

UTG shown, MP1 shown, MP1 raises, CO shown, Button shown, Button 3-bets, Hero shown, Hero calls, BB shown, BB calls, MP1 shown, MP1 calls

Flop(12 SB): 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero shown, Hero checks, BB shown, BB checks, MP1 shown, MP1 checks, Button shown, Button bets, Hero shown, Hero raises, BB shown, BB folds, MP1 folds, Button folds

I think I should have capped pre flop, two raisers were the maniac and isolator so was only really worried about BB.

After flop didnt want to lead the betting knew one of the two loose guys would call so went for the check raise to enlarge the pot with the probable best hand, make it expensive if the draw was there and to reduce the field.

MrBlini
01-21-2004, 04:09 PM
Yes, cap preflop in this situation. I was reraising with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif and position. If you have a premium hand here, I think you must make it very expensive for the maniac and isolator.

If you cap preflop, you probably have to bet out on the flop, because at least two players likely have inferior hands that they won't want to make a move with knowing that you've capped.

As for my play on the flop: At this point, using my position to bet the flop was completely pointless because my reraises meant only that I had a marginally playable hand. My position bet was therefore going to get zero respect. I should have realized that, checked it through, and saved myself a SB.