PDA

View Full Version : KK: folding time?

Guy McSucker
01-21-2004, 02:14 PM
Stars 50c-$1 NLHE. I have been pretty quiet, not getting many hands, except QQ once, which took the blinds, and AA, which ran into a short stack with a set. I have $110.

I pick up black KK in the big blind. Five players limp, SB completes, I raise $7 more. A big stack in MP calls, as does the SB, who has $40 left.

Flop is Q-8-7 with two hearts.

SB bets $5. I decide to run it with him and make it $40. MP player sets me all-in. Oops.

He hasn't been involved much, seems kinda tight.

Do I fold here?

Guy.

Lucky
01-21-2004, 02:32 PM
Fold to his re-raise.

I also think you could have saved 10 bucks when you raised on the flop (and made your raise 30 instead), and still gained the same info.

In the situation where you have shown strength preflop and are then bet into, you have to "beware of bushwackers," Especially with multiple opponents to act behind you in NL. Here, there is only one opponent to act behind you so the raise was probably o.k.

I would have just called the SB flop bet (you have a tight image, showed strength pre-flop and a Q comes out), but i'm probably a little weak-tight.

Acesover8s
01-21-2004, 03:07 PM
I think if you're going to fold to a reraise here you shouldn't raise so much. Is AQ or a flush draw completely out of the question?

SomeName
01-21-2004, 05:02 PM
By my calculations your 40$ was slightly below a pot sized raise, and therefore was not too big but just about right. I dont see a hand that you could possibly be a real favorite against with 2 cards to come and the tight raiser. I would think he has either 777, 888 or aq Hearts. I dont see anything wrong with folding here. Just remember money saved is just as good as money won.