View Full Version : Two more hands from the 2+2 table

Wad
01-21-2004, 01:50 PM
OK, OK, the first five were boring. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Here's two more hands for discussion:

HAND 1

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Wad has A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif and is BB

MrBlini raises, CO 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, Wad caps, MrBlini calls, CO calls

Flop(12 SB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif

Wad bets, MrBlini raises, CO calls, Wad 3-bets, MrBlini caps, CO folds, Wad calls

Turn(18 BB): 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

Wad bets, MrBlini raises, Wad 3-bets, MrBlini calls

River(24 BB): 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Wad bets, MrBlini calls and shows 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the flopped set.

Questions:

Any comments on the flop and turn 3-bet by me? When MrBlini didn't cap the turn I really thought I was ahead and I thought the turn was an easy 3-bet. Also, how many people are really capping pre-flop with 44? I personally wouldn't so I'm just curious if this happened because it was the 2+2 table.

HAND 2

Party Poker 0.50/1 (10 handed)
Wad has 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is MP1

Wad raises, Button folds, Tosh1984 3-bets, BB folds, Wad calls

Flop(7 SB): 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Tosh1984 bets, Wad calls

Turn(8 BB): A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Tosh1984 bets, Wad raises, Tosh1984 calls

River(12 BB): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Tosh1984 checks, Wad bets, Tosh1984 raises, Wad 3-bets, Tosh1984 calls and has A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Question:

How good or bad did I play this hand and what would you do differently?

Thanks,

Wad

Louie Landale
01-21-2004, 02:19 PM
[1] After you 4-bet PF and 3-bet ON the flop and then he STILL 4-bets, what hands, pray tell, do you believe he may have? No, you cannot put him on exactly 44 or 22, but you CAN easily put him on AA. And you cannot put him on anything else including AK or QQ.

Its not how likely he is to have a particular hand. Its how likely he is to have a particular hand compared to how likely he is to have some other hand. In this case, there are no other hands.

Grossly overplayed except against maniacs.

[2] raising small pairs early is pretty costly, unless you have GREAT control over the opponents, which you do not at a 2+2 table.

Calling the flop bet, hehehe, is usually pretty costly. If you raise you can get in multiple bets later if he HAS a pair or MAKES a pair later. Slow-playing usually dries up the action but MAY net you one more sb. Think about it: if you raise you say you've got a pair of Js or maybe 8s. You can get 3-turn bets in if he can beat a pair of Jacks.

- Louie