PDA

View Full Version : Democrats Seem to be Missing a Golden Opportunity

adios
01-21-2004, 01:15 PM
At least IMO they are. The US greenback has fallen considerbly since Bush took office and energy prices, namely oil and natural gas are much higher now. Perhaps these problems have been mentioned by the Democratic candidates but I haven't read anything or heard anything about them. I'm fairly certain (certain enough to bet money on it) that we will see higher energy prices in 2004. I'm more than a little surprised that this doesn't seem to be an issue.

Wake up CALL
01-21-2004, 05:53 PM
Perhaps since 24 of our 50 states are oil producing states. When worldwide prices of crude increase these states prosper. It is political suicide to alienate 50% of the nation over a matter which the democrats have shown to have no better control over than the Republicans.

The dollar falling has little real downside as long as inflation is kept in check. The Fed will be sure to raise rates thereby propping up the dollar if inflation looms it's ugly head, particularly in an election year! /images/graemlins/smile.gif After all what sane individual would want to rock the current boat and risk a spendocrat being elected president any sooner than mere chance will dictate.

adios
01-21-2004, 05:59 PM

Boris
01-21-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After all what sane individual would want to rock the current boat and risk a spendocrat being elected president any sooner than mere chance will dictate.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dreaded Spendocrat is already in office.

Wake up CALL
01-22-2004, 01:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The dreaded Spendocrat is already in office.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is all relative Boris. I do agree that this administration is allowing too many pork barrel projects to be passed through congress and be signed into law unscathed. However it is the lessor of two evils. If we somehow allow the ultra-spendocrats into office and they successfully push their criminaliberal agenda much more money will go down the drain.

Remember I voted for Reagan three times so I know what I am talking about! LOL /images/graemlins/smile.gif