PDA

View Full Version : 3 hands

09-25-2001, 06:03 PM
Hand 1. MP1 limps. I limp with A6s. MP3 limps. Button, Sb and BB all come in. Flop comes Ks6h3h. BB bets. I call. MP3 calls. 3 players. Turn comes Ah. BB checks. I bet. MP3 calls. BB check-raises. What's your move?

Hand 2. Loose weak tight fish limps utg2. I limp after him with AJo. Button, SB, and BB all come in. Flop comes A23r. Sb bets. Fish calls. I raise. Both call. 3 players. Turn comes 4 puts two flush on board. All check to me and I bet. SB folds. Fish check raises. What's your move?

Hand 3. I limp on button with A4o for half of a sb after 5 limpers. 8 players see the flop. Flop comes T96 all hearts and I have the Ace of heart. BB bets. MP calls. I raise. Both call. 3 players. The turn is 3h. BB bets. MP calls. I raise. Both call. Now both guys starting to chant 'pair the board, pair the board'. River brings T. BB bets. MP raises. What's your move?

09-25-2001, 06:09 PM
Hand 1. MP1 limps. I limp with A6s. MP3 limps. Button, Sb and BB all come in. Flop comes Ks6h3h. BB bets. I call. MP3 calls. 3 players. Turn comes Ah. BB checks. I bet. MP3 calls. BB check-raises. What's your move?

> In the actual hand, I fold my two pairs knowing that BB has the flush and I only have 4 outs. BB turns over KTh for the nut flush.

Hand 2. Loose weak tight fish limps utg2. I limp after him with AJo. Button, SB, and BB all come in. Flop comes A23r. Sb bets. Fish calls. I raise. Both call. 3 players. Turn comes 4 puts two flush on board. All check to me and I bet. SB folds. Fish check raises. What's your move?

> In the actual hand, I fold my top pair, because the weak tight fish does not bluff and is most likely not bluffing. I'm 90% sure he has the 5.

Hand 3. I limp on button with A4o for half of a sb after 5 limpers. 8 players see the flop. Flop comes T96 all hearts and I have the Ace of heart. BB bets. MP calls. I raise. Both call. 3 players. The turn is 3h. BB bets. MP calls. I raise. Both call. Now both guys starting to chant 'pair the board, pair the board'. River brings T. BB bets. MP raises. What's your move?

> In the actual hand, I fold my nut flush. BB turns over 66. MP turns over T9 for a bigger full house. Shit happens and I lost a big pot and this is what keeps the fish coming back...

09-26-2001, 12:26 AM
You are playing too many hands.

[1] Over-all you can't be much of a favorite against BB if at all. Do you want MP3 to face a double bet? If he has a flush draw he's going to call and you both lose a little money if you raise. If he has a King he has only 2 outs and you want him to call. Looks to me like you go for the over-call. If your hand was better vis-a-vis BB I would consider raising.

[2] Eeaak. As much as I hate folding heads-up I'd probably fold against a whimp fish since he'd probably NOT raise with 2-pair.

[3] Looks real suspicious to me, but I'd probably fold.

- Louie

09-26-2001, 12:29 AM
After reading the results...

[1] I didn't notice the flush. Still, its a tough fold but you gotta know your player. Note the excellent check-raise by BB, since anybody who can STILL call can now bet.

- Louie

09-26-2001, 06:53 AM
As a HE rookie, I'll give it a try before looking at the results. Comments on my reasoning are esp. wellcome.

1. There are 8 big bets in the pot, you have 4 clean outs (assuming the the MP3 to have the Kh) against a flush. Considering implied odds, a call to chase would be even money if the flush is out there - otherwise, you are probably ahead. Since there's no way of knowing, I'd call and call again on the river, unless a heart comes.

2. I'd raise preflop to isolate the fish, as he probably would have bet any hand better than yours and there's a good chance to have him dominated. As for the check raise on turn: you cannot rule out the possibility of him having a 5, aces up or a set. Unless he is trying to make a move on you, you are probably behind. OTOH, there are 9 1/2 big bets in the pot, so raise to find out if he is bluffing. It's the same cost as calling him down; if he raises or comes out betting, you should have a safe fold.

3. Without the chanting, I'd consider this to be clear fold. Now, with 16 big bets in the pot and the (albait low) possibility that both players implicitly colude to drive out the nut flush with lower hearts, I think you have to pay them off, if only for table image considerations.

cu

Ignatius

09-26-2001, 06:07 PM
Hand 1: I think he's on a flush draw and since you have top 2 pair, I RAISE! He might think you have trips and if the board pairs later, he might put you on a full house. He could have trips, but I don't think so. Obviously, since I'm not there playing, you can just call if you don't have a read on the player.

Hand 2: I'd go ahead and fold here. Odds are he has the straight and it would not be uncommon for him to be playing A2, A3, A4. If he doesn't have the straight, he probably has two pair.

Hand 3: Does "Pair the board" mean they have an over/under pair and are hoping to pull down 2 pair? or do they have trips and are they looking for a full house? If they're looking for a full house, I've found players will call for a certain card like "Black 6" or something like that. I'd just go ahead and call. You lose to 7h8h, TT, AA, 99, 66. If one of them takes the hand, they'll at least put you on a good hand as well and this will strengthen your table image.

I'll read the results now.

09-26-2001, 06:13 PM
Okay, I've got 14 stiches in my head and I'm on Hydrocodone at the moment so I'll use that as my excuse. Hand 1: I missed the ending and only thought you described the hand through the turn. Hand 3: I missed that the board did actually pair.

I'm a visual kind of guy, so searching through all the text is kind of fustrating. My head hurts more now, think I'll go to sleep.