PDA

View Full Version : river bet?

09-24-2001, 11:22 AM
I get Qh-Th on the button after a few limpers, I call, sb calls, BB checks, 6 players.

FLOP:

7d-8h-Td

sb check, bb check, check, sunglasses bets, raise, i re-raise... all fold, sunglasses folds, raiser calls.

TURN is a brick.

check, i bet, he calls.

RIVER is another brick, no pair on board (diamonds did not get there)

check, check, he shows Ad-Qd, i take it down.

with a raise on the flop from this passive player i feared K-T, A-T, T-8, 7-8.

are the chances of T-9 or T-J calling enough to warrant a bet?

09-24-2001, 12:18 PM
I check it down here. You made him pay the max for a draw, and while some players will certainly call you with a weaker 10, you are more likely to get called by a bigger 10, or even two pair. In these games, 3betting the flop tends to scare the bejeezus out of some people, so don't discount the possibility of 7-8 or some other 2 pair. Also, do you really want to call a checkraise with your one pair mediocre kicker? Check it down and see if you won.

09-24-2001, 03:34 PM
I think you played it fine. There is not much chance of getting called by weaker hand. You're hand is not that strong, IMO, but I still like the re-raise on the flop because you make the draws pay AND you get to find out where you are. If one of those guys caps it on the flop and bets into you on the turn, you can be pretty sure you're beat (I would fold in that situation unless the capper is a maniac).

Once the river comes you charged the draws the max, now just show it down as cheaply as possible. What are the only worse hands that can call you on the river? J-T, T-9, maybe a nine with a lower pair (if they're desperate), but a whole whack or hands beat you.

09-24-2001, 04:33 PM
No. But the chances that AT or KT folding MAY warrent a bluff on the end.

- Louie