PDA

View Full Version : Guess the hand

JDErickson
01-21-2004, 02:23 AM
Loose aggresive Party Table, multiple big time fishes

Party Poker 1/2 (10 handed)
Hero has 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and is Button

MP1(poster) checks, CO(poster) checks, Hero limps, SB limps, BB checks

Flop(5 SB): 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls, CO folds

Turn(4 1/2 BB): 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 folds

River(6 1/2 BB): J/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB bets, Hero raises, SB 3-bets, Hero caps, SB calls

Anybody guess my opponents hand?

Trix
01-21-2004, 02:30 AM
J8 or a Flush.

fluff
01-21-2004, 02:56 AM
most sensible answer would be a (baby) flush, but since you discribed it as a loose aggresive, multiple fish table...who knows?

BugsBunny
01-21-2004, 03:00 AM
deuces in the hole

By the way - I don't like the preflop limp here. You have a made hand and your only opposition is dead money (posters and blinds). I would have raised preflop.

ProfLupin
01-21-2004, 03:13 AM
I think an 8 raises on the turn, so I'll go with med high flush...like Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif or something like that.

bdk3clash
01-21-2004, 03:22 AM
It is unlikely he has a boat here:

-JJ you would have heard from preflop or on the flop, so it's unlikely your opponent has Js full.
-Similiarly, with any 8 (8x, 86, J8, 84) your opponent would not have check-called the turn, especially if your opponent was truly a LAG.
-With 66 he would have not check-called the turn.

So what makes the SB come alive on the river? Given that it's not the fact that it's a J, the fact that it's a spade comes to mind, so I'll put him on a medium to small flush. (Surely a true LAG would have raised with AXs preflop, right?) Excellent play IMHO.

Of course, he may have been putzing around and indeed had a boat. If so, he misplayed, not you.

More likely, you squeezed every last bet out of this hand.

Again, excellent play IMHO.

BugsBunny
01-21-2004, 03:26 AM
You're being reasonable here. I'm sticking with him slowplaying his pair of deuces /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

thirddan
01-21-2004, 04:27 AM
Q/K high flush i guess...hopefully not pocket 8's

Ed Miller
01-21-2004, 05:09 AM
By the way - I don't like the preflop limp here. You have a made hand and your only opposition is dead money (posters and blinds). I would have raised preflop.

I disagree. You should limp here. Problem is that you won't get them all to fold, and you have a hand that is perfectly happy seeing the flop five-handed.

In fact, I see no good reason to raise at all.

trillig
01-21-2004, 07:48 AM
Looks like he made a flush on the river....

or has JJ maybe, but limped in PF with JJ? hmmmm questionable, so staying with
FLUSH DRAW completed with river.

-t

JDErickson
01-21-2004, 10:34 AM
Opponent flips 86o for the flopped boat.

I assumed like most everyone else that he hit his flush.

Surprise /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

AviD
01-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Wonder if the raise would have pushed him out with that 68o? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BugsBunny
01-21-2004, 01:47 PM
You may not get all of them to fold, but you should get at least some of them out - thereby increasing your chances to win. These are all random hands - nobody has put money in voluntarily.

In this case I strongly disagree that limping is the correct play - and no there's nothing you can say that will get me to change my mind.

To quote Ciaffone in Middle Limit Holdem Poker (pg 317)
[ QUOTE ]
When someone posts a late-position blind, if you are going to play, assuming you are the first to enter the pot, you should strain to find a raise with those hands where you normally limp. If your hand is worth playing, raise with it. If you are reluctant to raise, muck it. Consider yourself in a raise or fold situation. ... But if there is extra blind money posted, it would be hard to find a situation where you would not prefer to bring it in for a raise. It is bad enough to let one or two people in the pot who have not even looked at their cards, let alone three people (or 4 in this case - bugs) . A mere call is now inappropriate.

[/ QUOTE ]