PDA

View Full Version : KQ- 3 bet-K flops

sweetzer
01-20-2004, 11:05 PM
In a 15-30 game tonight, a not uncommon situation occurred. I raised with KQo from middle position and was folded to the button who 3 bet. The blinds fold. I know nothing of his game as it was my first hand and I haven't seen him before. The flop is K62 rainbow. I bet, he raises, I call. The turn is another 2. I bet, he raises, I fold. Of the likely 3 bet hands, AA, KK, and AK dominate me. If he raises me again on the turn with a lesser hand, he's outplayed me. Please comment on just calling the raise on the flop, then bet/fold on the turn.

PDosterM
01-20-2004, 11:30 PM
It’s unfortunate to be put to this kind of decision before ever getting a bead on your opponent. If you’re going to assume he is sane, then giving him credit for a better hand can’t be faulted. If it turns out he is insane, you should be able to get your money back (and more) later.

worm33
01-21-2004, 12:28 AM
without a read on the opponett you have to call him down here....many players will raise the turn here with jj-88 for a free showdown...

andyfox
01-21-2004, 12:51 AM
I prefer to play this like the proverbial and politically incorrect "little girl" and check-call all the way home.

DiamondDave
01-21-2004, 05:36 AM
Raising with KQ is somewhere between OK and mandatory (depending on who you ask) if you had to post to be dealt in. But until I know more about the table texture or the other players's tendencies, I'm not coming in for full price from MP without a bigger hand.

The raiser might have been testing your hand on the flop, but when he raised the turn it looks like you're beaten.

Gabe
01-21-2004, 06:19 AM
I usually play it check call, check call, bet.

Legend27
01-21-2004, 08:04 AM
No read on your opponet so why not check/call all the way down and find out what he has? It's a little passive but you can get away with it on one hand.