PDA

View Full Version : X card is a "blank"

eastbay
01-20-2004, 10:02 PM
I always scratch my head when people say things like, "turn card was a blank."

How the hell do you know it was a blank? Any dang card could be completing someone's set.

Right? Or do people mean blank for them, as opposed to "blank" for everybody in the hand?

thirddan
01-20-2004, 10:08 PM
i think it usually means a card that doesnt complete any draws or improve their own hand...

SossMan
01-21-2004, 02:59 AM
Blank = a card that doesn't obviously "appear" to help them or anyone else....however, as you point out, sometimes people get dealt pocket blanks, or they are on a nut-blank draw. You never know. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CrisBrown
01-21-2004, 03:40 AM
Hiya eastbay,

I use the term "blank" to mean a non-face card which does not complete any draws on board, i.e.: not the third of a suit or a card which would complete a straight. Yes, it may complete someone's set, but that's generally not what is being referred to in the context.

E.g.: on a flop of A /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif, a turn of 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif would be a blank.

Cris

eastbay
01-21-2004, 03:46 AM
Cris,

That seems to be the prevailing line of thought. When I looked up this word in some poker jargon glossary, it said "a card which does not improve anyone's hand." Which led me to my question...