PDA

View Full Version : Another 2+2 hand for review

daveymck
01-20-2004, 09:40 PM
Party Poker 0.50/1 (7 handed)
Hero has J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif and is BB

UTG shown, MP1 shown, MP2 shown, CO shown, CO raises, Button folds, SB shown, SB 3-bets, Hero shown, Hero calls, CO shown, CO calls

Flop(9 SB): K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif

SB shown, SB bets, Hero shown, Hero calls, CO shown, CO calls

Turn(10 BB): J/images/graemlins/club.gif

SB shown, SB bets, Hero shown, Hero calls, CO shown, CO calls

River(14 BB): 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB shown, SB checks, Hero shown, Hero checks, CO shown, CO checks

Was asked if I would have called this normally and dont think I owuld of, dont play on a table with this texture normally would be running for a passive loose game.

Called for two reasons the two villians in this had been really aggressive constantly playing a high percentage of hands lots of three betting going on. My hand could have been dominated but I suspected not plus is was suited. Also being first timer at the table didnt want to be seen as easily pushed out when on the blinds, I suspected the SB was trying to isolate which seemed a sign of weakness rather than strength.

Once the draw came I was in for the duration, not sure if I should have been more agressive when the Jack hit.

Was asked if I would have called the river for one more bet had someone called and I most definatley was.

Results in white

<font color="white">SB had 77
CO 63 spades </font>

AliasMrJones
01-21-2004, 02:05 AM
What does shown mean?

Clarkmeister
01-21-2004, 02:11 AM
Raise the flop.

OK, you didn't raise the flop. Raise the turn.

OK, you didn't raise the turn, bet the river.

Ed Miller
01-21-2004, 02:28 AM
Man, you have to start playing aggressively in big pots if you want to be a winner at this game.

daveymck
01-21-2004, 05:40 AM
Not sure the hand history was from Coral and its in there as well, dont know if its cos we were showing our cards at the end.

daveymck
01-21-2004, 05:48 AM
Basically after taking a stand preflop I wimped out when the king hit.

I didnt raise the flop cos I was wanting to keep everyone in for the flush draw.

I didnt raise the turn cos I was too worried about the king. Same reason didnt bet the river. I also didnt want to get in a raising war with what I percieved was the probable second best hand.

Having played majority of time at .50/1 and 1/2 no foldem and selecting loose passive tables this area is the biggest area of weakness in my game, I make many mistakes in other areas but this is an area where I am further behind.

I have moved up to 2/4 the last week or so and heads up happens a lot more at that level, so its an identified weakness. Main problem I have is understanding my hands value and acting accordingly.

Ed Miller
01-21-2004, 05:59 AM
I didnt raise the flop cos I was wanting to keep everyone in for the flush draw.

The pot is big. You want to win it, not string people along for an extra small bet.

I didnt raise the turn cos I was too worried about the king. Same reason didnt bet the river. I also didnt want to get in a raising war with what I percieved was the probable second best hand.

You have a hand that might be best. If it is not best, you have fourteen probable outs to the best hand. The pot is big - you want to win it now. Time to put in the extra bet... that is aggressive poker.

You said that you called because their raising standards were suspect. You hit a tremendous board for your hand... time to push a little bit.

MrBlini
01-21-2004, 06:58 AM
I feel that I am qualified to comment on this hand by virtue of villainousness.

My raise with 77 was one of a string of isolation raises. I wasn't too happy about being called here! Looking at this, I probably could have picked a better spot to be involved than with 77 out of position.

Preflop: Even though you likely have a great hand compared to the villains, you can't know this for sure, and you're certainly not losing anyone by capping. I think the flat call is correct against these opponents.

On the flop: This flop is a green light for me, but you would have turned it into a giant red light with a raise. I think I was ready to fold to a raise. At this table, it is hardly ever a big mistake to raise with a draw. You'll sometimes take the pot down right there. This is one of those times.

On the turn: This should be an easy raise. You quite possibly have the best hand, and you certainly have the best draw. You have oodles and oodles of outs if an opponent does have a K. By raising, you're also going to find out where you stand with your J, because a K can't possibly let you see the river without a reraise.

On the river: I think you missed a bet or two. I don't know if I could have made the overcall, but there's at least one bet missed for sure.