PDA

View Full Version : Report from todays SnG at Stars

t_perkin
01-20-2004, 08:00 PM
Well we didn't even have enough to fill one 18 seater, but that was fine. It was interesting to see how far us guys got compared to the non 2+2ers.

Needless to say some some of the non 2+2ers who filled up the extra seats wanted to know why we were all so chatty.

daveymck let them all in on the secret:

daveymck: "we are all from a wife swopping internet forum called 2+2"

sunset sky: "ooooooooooook"

sunset sky: "each to thier own"

sunset sky: "r u serious?"

So I think daveymck has just found himself a new signature line for his 2+2 posts...

Anyway, on to the action:

table1--------

Gullible sunset is the first to go when daveymck's AA holds up.

Unknown makes a limp reraise against Stoneii who chickens out and folds /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Stoneii sucessfully convinces scooterdo that he has the 4th J or at least a FH. Scooterdo folds and Stoneii turns over 22.

Stoneii bets it brave, raising daveymck on the flop, betting to daveymck's check on the turn and betting again on the river to which daveymck folds. Stoneii shows an unfilled gutshot straight and flush draw. Nice play.

Stoneii loses serious money to a random's FH with his straight. Tough one to spot, but maybe should have saved a bit on the end, would like to discuss.

Stoneii leaves with A5s against the same random's 66. (playing in SB and BB respectively).

McMelchior puts out a random with a Flush draw that fills up on the river.

table2---------(from the Doc's point of view)

CrisBrown's JJ beats Fmonti AcTh, board KcQc7s, turn 6c, river 9s.

A bit later, Cris bets hard, I raise, she calls. sorry don't have exact hands, anyway I rivered quad 8's.

Zorak and Spike both all in. Both had pocket K's.

CrisBrown all in with As7s, I call with AdJc. Board Tc9sAh, turn 6d, I rivered a Jh to take out Cris. (Never had that happen before!)

Three hands later Zorak all in, GreyScout all in, I call with JJ. Both had AKo. Jacks held. 5K pot.

I somehow had two triples in the first table. Rivered an A to take out Blasting and Spike.

Didn't mean 1st table report to be about me, but for a while I just couldn't do anything wrong...Then the nice cards ran out and you and Rhonda B <McMelchior> happened.

--------
And so we move to the final table....
--------

The Doc has a big chip lead with 8000ish, the rest of us are mostly around the 2000 mark.

I put out a crippled Fmonti who moves in with JJ on the flop I have KQ with Kxx on the flop.

a-thom survives with Q9 against McMelchiors AQ taking a fair chunck of stack with him.

Daveymck has been ground down and bows out when he moves in with a small stack with AQ. McMelchior makes the obligatory call in the BB and wins with K2.

McMelchior makes a nice all in reraise against the (much depleted) Doc with AJs, the Doc shows TJs. all happens as it should, bye Doc.

a-thom is not so lucky this time his Q9 fails him as McMelchior gets it right this time with AJ (again).

I lose almost my entire stack to k-man when I call his reraise and fold on the flop with KQs. would like to discuss later...

K-man and McMelchior faff around for a bit.

K-man doesn't seem interested in joining us against the Zoo and SS.

K-man gives it up with A4s against McMelchior's 66.

Congrats to McMelchior - king of the wife swappers.

Final order was:

1: McMelchior
2: Random
3: t_perkin
4: a-thom
5: DrPhysic
6: daveymck
7: Fmonti
8: Scooterdo
9: Random
10: Random
11: Random
12: Spike
13: Stoneii
14: PrayingMantis
15: Random
16: Zorac
17: CrisBrown
18: Random

Hope to see you all and more next week.

tim

t_perkin
01-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Oh yeah: Here are my stats for the tournament, I would be interested in knowing what other peoples were like (tournament number was 855213, request a Tournament History (not hand history) for your stats):

128 hands played and saw flop:
- 2 times out of 20 while in small blind (10%)
- 10 times out of 21 while in big blind (47%)
- 8 times out of 87 in other positions (9%)
- a total of 20 times out of 128 (15%)

Pots won at showdown - 2 out of 3 (66%)
Pots won without showdown - 15

What do people think of these stats? unusual or normal?

daveymck
01-20-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Stoneii bets it brave, raising daveymck on the flop, betting to daveymck's check on the turn and betting again on the river to which daveymck folds. Stoneii shows an unfilled gutshot straight and flush draw. Nice play

[/ QUOTE ]

Stoneii had raised my blind the last time as well felt had to protect had 2 spades flop came and I had the lower end of the flush and straight without checking the history I had 2 4 spades I think he had 5 7spades. So got away with that as if had hit would have went out.

Apologies to Dr and others if they felt I was advising the call on the hand he went out, I wansnt it was more of an encouraging call, call, call type affair. I know I wasnt the only one who did it and as it was a semi serious social game given that enviroment thought it was ok, have noted that others didnt like it and will act accordingly in future when cheering from the sidelines. I will say the admonishment given and threat of reporting to Party support was OTT but we live and learn.

DougBrennan
01-20-2004, 08:18 PM
Pretty damn loose for a 2+2 tournament /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My understanding is that the Loony Touns team will have to move closer to 0% flops seen to fit in for the Zoo/SS competition.

But seriouly folks, looks pretty good from here. I particlarly like the 15 hands won uncalled.

I'd get up early or stay up late to join you, but I think it is not possible for Europe and the West Coast to play together other than weekends. (At least those of us who have the drudgery of 9-5 type jobs.)

daveymck
01-20-2004, 08:20 PM
106 hands played and saw flop:
- 4 times out of 15 while in small blind (26%)
- 7 times out of 15 while in big blind (46%)
- 6 times out of 76 in other positions (7%)
- a total of 17 times out of 106 (16%)

Pots won at showdown - 2 out of 3 (66%)
Pots won without showdown - 10

After my early AA I never really got a hand so seemed to hover round the 1500-2000 mark for the rest of the game, if I's had more chips and some cards to play probably would have been more agressive.

DrPhysic
01-20-2004, 09:46 PM
davey,
Didn't bother me at all, and I don't think made any diff to the outcome of the hand. He either had the call or he didn't. Did apparently bother him tho, and maybe we need to watch accepted etiquette more, esp when outsiders are playing with us. That of course should not change the bs nature of the chat line.

Doc

DrPhysic
01-20-2004, 09:57 PM
1ST table early: CrisBrown's JJ beats Choyce (Fmonti)'s AcTh, board KcQc7s, turn 6c, river 9s.

A bit later, Cris bets hard, I raise, she calls. sorry don't have exact hands, anyway I rivered quad 8's.

Zorak and Spike both all in. Both had pocket K's.

CrisBrown all in with As7s, I call with AdJc. Board Tc9sAh, turn 6d, I rivered a Jh to take out Cris. (Never had that happen before!)

Three hands later Zorak all in, GreyScout all in, I call with JJ. Both had AKo. Jacks held. 5K pot.

I somehow tripled up twice in the first table. Rivered an A to take out Blasting and Spike.

Didn't mean 1st table report to be about me, but for a while I just couldn't do anything wrong...Then the nice cards ran out and t_perkin and Rhonda B happened.

Doc

Al_Capone_Junior
01-21-2004, 01:25 AM
I will do my best to be there for the next games. Three days of metal roofing in the cold has reminded me why I quit working hard for a living and took up pro poker.

al

Stoneii
01-21-2004, 04:24 AM
Hi Tim

[ QUOTE ]
Stoneii loses serious money to a random's FH with his straight. Tough one to spot, but maybe should have saved a bit on the end, would like to discuss.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a tough one to spot, I thought I was doing the luring as (for once!) held back on preflop raise with A2 against BB (this time I should've and his 34 would've folded I guess). Anyway when my A-5 str8 filled by the turn I thought it was going to be 2 pair I'd be seeing max. My fault for not looking for a hand to beat me with a pair on board but against one opponent felt sure the odds were mine /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I absolutely should've saved a bit on the end but, as has been my problem on more than one occassion, couldn't look past what I assumed was the winning hand and threw money in far too quickly, a call would've been the correct play.

Thanks for organising the event, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Just 4 future reference, I'm not sure if it's in anyones interest but while you were waiting for empty NL 10+1 18 player SnG there was a free PL 10+1 18 player SnG you could've taken if you want to leave the option open in future (rather than have stray wifeless players at swapping party!!).

I'm at work now and didn't get a chance to get stats but will post them when I do, I'm sure it'll read something like

"saw flop in SB - too many times"
"saw flop in BB - all the bleedin' time"

And much as I liked your praise for my bluff at the river on my unfilled flush (and str8) - which I thought was a genuine bluff, Davey did say that I had the best hand anyway and my 2 small spades were bigger than his.

Stoneii

t_perkin
01-21-2004, 08:28 AM
It was a tough hand to get away from, he could easily have been betting the same with A3 or A2 (same as you) or some over pair.

I think it makes it too hard for people to know where to look if they have to keep an eye on the NL and PL games. Plus most people here seem to prefer NL. (I have no preference either way).

regarding the bluff on the river, at the end of the day. If he had reraised you would have to fold, that means you won the pot uncontested when you could have lost the pot uncontested. It was really the aggression that you showed through the rest of the hand that set this up i think.
It would obviosuly have been nicer if you had had the worse hand, but still you won a large pot uncontested with only high card, that is a good play in my book.

tim

Stoneii
01-21-2004, 09:12 AM
Thank you, meant to add congratulations to McMelchior (Rhonda B) on winning and other 3 (including your good self) who 'made the money' /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PL & NL are equally good for me too, I just suggested it as I saw the table free a few places below the NL tables. PL is one I've started to play Saturday's 1pm GMT $10+1 buy-in multi table tournie on stars (in fact got lucky enough to take down 4th/225 2 Saturdays ago), even though I did get a right mouthful from a guy I put out with pocket 66's with his AK raise.

Can't recall details but it was something like :
He was on my immediate right and raised pot significantly, I reraised him so he was all-in to :
a) give other potential callers 2 raises to call
b) get heads up with him to gamble 50-50(ish) as I figured (hoped) he had what it turned out he did have. My stack was never getting past this table without a move.

Such abuse I took about being a fish!! He maybe right in general (but I'm learnin'!!). I reminded him he was on the draw and I had him beat from the start!! Having now seen scarlett he came back at me with more abuse but I asked for a bit more ssshh from the rail /images/graemlins/blush.gif (I'm tough over the internet you know - live tournie you wouldn't have heard a whisper from me!!)

I'm very much learning the game and have a tendency to overplay my hands. I'm trying to find a mix of aggression and patience that can be all too elusive to me. I can be too aggressive with good (but not necessarily the best) hands - you may have noticed!! - more things to work on /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

No matter the beat though (and I did get taken down in a tournie later stages with AA all-in called by QTo and he pulled a flush!!!!!!!!) I'm always polite as I grit my teeth and leave. Can't stand the abusers!!

Essay over!!

Stoneii
01-21-2004, 03:52 PM
56 hands played and saw flop:
- 3 times out of 8 while in small blind (37%)
- 3 times out of 7 while in big blind (42%)
- 10 times out of 41 in other positions (24%)
- a total of 16 times out of 56 (28%)

Pots won at showdown - 2 out of 4 (50%)
Pots won without showdown - 11