PDA

View Full Version : going all in early

Herb N.
01-20-2004, 07:22 PM
Last W.E. while playing a $200.No limet H.E. torney [I won the seat by winning a $24.one table satilite,but this proubly has no concequence]I was delt A/Qs,,raised [up front]the 15/30 blinds $100.everyone folded except the button who raised his stack to $1000. which would also put me all in..Well the best hand won his A/Ko held up.I normally dont like to go all/in before the flop with a full table [unless I hold A/A,or K/K]At the time I decieded to make the call because there were 1500+ entreys and I had very little time and money envolved...Is this bad thinking ? mayby my way of justifing proubly gambling ?How about some feed back..and Thanks in advance...

markdmoney
01-21-2004, 01:44 PM
if there are alot of people in the tourney i have looked to double up or get a chip lead early. Although I personally would not do it with AQs before the flop.

triplc
01-21-2004, 04:11 PM
For me, anyway, AQ is one of those "danger" hands that get me in trouble. This is one of those "only raise if you can comfortable throw it away on a reraise" kind of hands, and I think you have to do it here. Any pair has you at at least a coin flip, and you are in big trouble against AK, QQ, KK, or AA. Unless you have a clear read on the player as a maniac who is looking to steal your chips, or you simply want to gamble, I think this is a fold. Disclaimer: I have played in 1, count'em 1, multi, but play in many SNGs. So feel free to slam me back...

CCC