PDA

View Full Version : Funny Story

SaintAces
01-20-2004, 02:50 PM
Live 100 Buyin No Limit game. 5 Friends at the table and one jerk. Blinds are 1-2.

I pick up A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif on the button and all fold to me. I put in a small raise and make it 2$ for the BB to call. SB folds and BB, the jerk, re-raises me 5$ more. I re-raise 15 more and he pushes in and I happily call. He turns up J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif while I am wondering what his business is in this hand with two jacks, the flop comes J /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

What luck. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Turn: Is a four /images/graemlins/club.gif

And!
River: a 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Rivered the wheel! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

He stands up, calls me a "****ing Fish" and stomps out.

Table starts cracking up as soon as door closes.

That, my friends, is why I play poker.

tedtodd
01-20-2004, 02:57 PM
gotta love it!!!

sometimes the good guys DO win...

crockpot
01-20-2004, 02:57 PM
getting called a fish when you move all-in with the nuts, to me, is second only to blatant lies from online opponents for funniest moments in poker.

for example, the other day i saw a guy push in with two overcards, lose to a low pocket pair, and claim he was 90% to win before the flop. good times...

edit: a close third...every time i've been lucky enough to have a massive draw in omaha and hit it, i've been called a fish by the guy whose made hand i beat, even though i was a favorite when the money went in.

bunky9590
01-20-2004, 03:02 PM
you should have just ripped off his pants, buggered him in the keester, and taken his lunch money too.

Now, that would have been funny. At least he would have went home with a smile, and got something for his $$$.

What a douche.

The Dude
01-20-2004, 03:14 PM
You did get lucky. All you had was a pair of ones, he had a pair of elevens. I've got to agree with Jerk. You had no business even limping with that hand, let alone raising. You need to study more, stupid fish.

SomeName
01-20-2004, 05:47 PM
Ive noticed that almost every person who calls someone else a fish is indeed a poor player themselves.

theBruiser500
01-20-2004, 09:18 PM
Haha, I think that's a good observation SomeName. I've been thinking about that too lately. It just seems to me, that if someone says someone else is dishonest, they are dishonest. If they call someone stupid, they're probably stupid. If they say someone else isn't funny, they aren't funny. It amazes me how often this rule is true.

danny

dogsballs
01-21-2004, 12:36 PM
Well, your opponent did have a point. Clubs are a weak suit; you know that I hope.

The other point about people saying something about others actually being the ones who suffer from that flaw themselves is very true in my experience also.

twistedbeats
01-21-2004, 03:35 PM
this is sort of like whoever smelled it dealt it, right?