PDA

View Full Version : Flopped trips

WalleyeJason
01-20-2004, 01:21 PM
Here is a hand I just played, somebody made a comment at the table about how brave I was to go all in on the turn after the raise.

I had just sat down, this was my second hand and I have no read. This Raxx guy had me well coverd at $500

Pushing seemed right, but I didnt like when he called, and the club fell on the end

He had to have KQo or 55

> blackcat13 posted small blind ($1)
> jonasn posted big blind ($2)
> Game # 19,620,716 starting.
> Dealing Hole Cards
> MarcoAntonio folded

> lajkon called for $2
> WalleyeJason called for $2 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
> Brian3576 folded
> gollan called for $2
> RAXX called for $2
> blackcat13 called for $1
> jonasn checked
> Dealing the Flop 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif
> blackcat13 checked
> jonasn checked
> lajkon checked
> WalleyeJason bet for $8

> gollan folded
> RAXX called for $8
> blackcat13 folded
> jonasn folded
> lajkon folded
> Dealing the turn K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
> WalleyeJason bet for $12
> Eeliasrizk sits down
> RAXX raised for $48

> WalleyeJason went all-in for $174
> RAXX called for $138
> Dealing the river 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Im thinking he had KQ??

crockpot
01-20-2004, 01:48 PM
i'd hardly call this bravery. since you posted it, i assume he had something ridiculous, and a club draw leaps out at me because of the river card. but i wouldn't be afraid to go all-in here, except against a total rock.

WalleyeJason
01-20-2004, 02:02 PM
I allmost fell out of my chair when the club hit on the river...and he mucked.

2nd hand, And I near doubled up.

On my 4th hand, I hit a set of 4's and put a diffrent player all in for $20 he called and hit the flush in the turn...Oh well.

GrinningBuddha
01-20-2004, 06:05 PM
Easy push on the turn, IMO. But we'll call it brave too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

KQ, 55 are options, as is a slow-played AA. He called on the button, so if he's an any-two player Q5s (not spades, obviously) and K5s are also options.

ni han