PDA

View Full Version : guess my hand...

bernie
01-20-2004, 11:57 AM
this was a hand i played in 10-20, but since i didnt have to show it, the comments from others on the table about my possible hand were interesting. which is why im posting it.

i get a checked free play in the BB. SB is a bluffer/semi bluffer/chaser. i finally woke up and got a good line on his play. the MP is a guy who is there to have fun, but thinks he knows a little about 'pokah'. side note:MP has had aces 7 times this session and they all held up. he's pretty confident in himself.

anyways...

flop 7 6 5 rainbow

sb bets, i raise, MP calls, sb calls.

turn 6

sb bets, i raise, MP folds muttering to himself and the player next to him. sb calls.

river 4

sb bets, i call.

sb shows 93o for the bottom end and drags it. i dont have to show. and a conversation ensues about what i may have had.

i overhear MP mention to the guy next to him that he folded pocket 8s. get that one, huh...

results below in white

<font color="white"> i had Q7. i knew when he bet the river he had something. but i also knew it wasnt a 6. i couldnt wait to see what he had on this board. i figured i was beat but wasnt sure by what. when faced with that much fire, he'd slowdown on the river unless he caught something. with less fire, he'd be inclined to bluff.</font>

b

JohnShaft
01-20-2004, 12:27 PM
I had you on A7 bernie.

Turn play was perfect.

Mikey
01-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Bernie I honestly Guessed J7, so I was one off...., i love when they keep betting into you and they are so behind.

It is rather annoying when they hit.

bernie
01-20-2004, 01:39 PM
can you believe he folded the pkt 8s? aggression has its benefits. but given that he folded, i now knew what he'd raise with on a paired board on the turn. espcially after he was yappin a little afterward. along with what others would raise here with with their comments.

keep your ears open and they'll tell you how they play. it amazes me when i see someone telling opponents not to discuss a hand after it's over. it's free info. note: discussing, not berating. /images/graemlins/wink.gif
i remember one time long ago a guy even got a table change because of it.

god this was a great table.

one reason i think they were so perplexed was i was betting so many types of hands on the flop. they just didnt realize my position when i did them. which widened my range to them quite a bit for flop bets. until the turn. then they reverted to what they'd bet here with.

b

biggambler
01-20-2004, 02:24 PM
My guess was A7, since you were raising.

JohnShaft
01-20-2004, 02:36 PM
I know. Not to mention he has the open-ended straight draw.
I guess he wasn't observant enough to recognise that you'd recognised how SB was betting.

I'm not sure MP's biggest mistake isn't 3-betting the Flop.
If he had then SB maybe doesn't bluff the Turn.

Let's say MP 3-bets the Flop.
SB bets the Turn, do you still raise?

But yeah the old "Jeez I folded xx there" is pretty dumb. Especially when they tell you they've folded a pretty strong hand.

bernie
01-20-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure MP's biggest mistake isn't 3-betting the Flop.
If he had then SB maybe doesn't bluff the Turn.

Let's say MP 3-bets the Flop.
SB bets the Turn, do you still raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree that's where he screwed his hand.

if he 3 bets, i know i may have slowed down. he had a little fear the monsters in him. so if he raised, he'd be doing it with a made hand. i also raised rather quickly hoping to imitate a little better hand. his raise may very well have slowed down the bluffer.

if he 3 bets and the bluffer comes out betting on the paired board on the turn? i might try a raise, but i wouldnt think id be able to get the 3 bettor out. but it might be worth a try. im not sure id like calling in this spot. except that if i called and the MP raised again i could probably lay it down here. maybe i do like calling here.

in fact, if i was in his shoes, id have raised the flop and raised a turn bet, or bet the turn if checked to.

many of the guys had thought i had an overpair like tens. which makes the 88 folding even more ridiculous.

then again, my tight image may have helped a little on this one /images/graemlins/cool.gif haha....yeah right.

b

btw...

i also wasnt hearing them putting me on a 6. which id have played the same way along with a 5 given the player i was against.