PDA

View Full Version : $20-40 Iowa Hand - Results

Bill Murphy
01-20-2004, 04:00 AM
Well, looks like Dean was kind of a paper tiger. Good to see Gephardt thumped one last time, and embarrased on his home turf. Kerry's victory speech was quite strong, and what about Edwards' surge?

Clark strikes me as a bit of a goofball; I think a Kerry-Edwards ticket, w/Clark as defacto Sec of State/Def nominee, is the Dems' best shot now.

I had Kerry pegged as going out like Muskie in '72 a couple weeks ago. But he'll have to overcome that "Senate Gentlemen's club" thing to beat Rove & the boys.

If Kerry romps in NH(which'd finish off Prayin' Joe, esp. if Edwards comes in 2nd), and then gets at least 2nd or strong 3rd in South Carolina, then it gets interesting.

I still say Bush didn't want to run against Dean, cuz if Diz got the nom, it would mean the anger was still running high. Anything can still happen of course, but Bush still a big fave.

adios
01-20-2004, 12:01 PM
Good analysis IMO. I think Dean is increasingly viewed as representing a fringe element. Also Dean's anger fits haven't played well with the voters either. I think Edwards may actually be a stronger candidate than Kerry for president running against Bush.

Utah
01-20-2004, 12:19 PM
There is some really good analysis this morning on www.nationalreview.com (http://www.nationalreview.com)

NR is pretty right wing and they usually attack democrats, although usually respectfully. They had some very nice words to say about Gephardt and they indicated that he was a class act all the way - even if his labor union model of the world was outdated.