PDA

View Full Version : i think i played this big slick pretty good?

csuf_gambler
01-19-2004, 07:57 PM
just got this hand

Hand #772886-33868 at Venice ($1/$2 Hold'em)
Powered by UltimateBet
Started at 19/Jan/04 18:39:19

lou22 is at seat 0 with $62.25.
mirko_crocop is at seat 1 with $98.50.
JonathanV is at seat 2 with $46.75.
MANDER is at seat 3 with $31.75.
jojothekid is at seat 4 with $80.
Endresbj is at seat 5 with $36.25.
zest2ks is at seat 6 with $48.
fastdaddy is at seat 7 with $38.25.
diamondcutter is at seat 8 with $128.
jphmoney is at seat 9 with $37.50.
The button is at seat 4.

Endresbj posts the small blind of $.50.
zest2ks posts the big blind of $1.

lou22: -- --
mirko_crocop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif
JonathanV: -- --
MANDER: -- --
jojothekid: -- --
Endresbj: -- --
zest2ks: -- --
fastdaddy: -- --
diamondcutter: -- --
jphmoney: -- --

Pre-flop:

fastdaddy folds. diamondcutter folds. jphmoney
folds. lou22 raises to $2. mirko_crocop calls.
JonathanV calls. MANDER folds. jojothekid folds.
Endresbj folds. zest2ks folds.

Flop (board: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif):

lou22 bets $1. mirko_crocop raises to $2. JonathanV
folds. lou22 calls.

Turn (board: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif):

lou22 checks. mirko_crocop checks.

River (board: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif):

lou22 bets $2. mirko_crocop calls.

Showdown:

lou22 shows Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
lou22 has Qs Ad 2d 2h Tc: a pair of deuces.
mirko_crocop shows A /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif.
mirko_crocop has As Ks 2d 2h Tc: a pair of deuces, ace/king kickers.

Hand #772886-33868 Summary:

$.75 is raked from a pot of $15.50.
mirko_crocop wins $14.75 with a pair of deuces.
----------------------------------------------------------------

so how would u guys played this differently? i know most people would 3 bet with AK suited, but i generally dont like re-raising unless i have KK or AA, should i re-raise with AK or AK suited preflop? when the flop hit 2 spades, i was happy man, i raised to get free card. he checks the turn, prefect, and i check. should i of betted out on the turn hoping to take it down right there? or was the free card the correct play?. river missed my flush, he bets, i put him on AK also because i thought he would of re-raised on flop if he had a high pocket. to my surprise, he flips over AQ. but was this guy an idiot
#1)for calling 2 on the flop when it completly missed him? and #2)for betting the river?

JDErickson
01-19-2004, 08:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
should i re-raise with AK or AK suited preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, definately

[ QUOTE ]
when the flop hit 2 spades, i was happy man, i raised to get free card

[/ QUOTE ] Free card a good thing to think about but also think about maximizing the money if your flush hits. Raise was good and I would have capped it if 3 bet. A call may have been in order if more callers after you.

Turn play was fine although I may have bet out to maximize the flush.

River play was fine with this board I think.

Jim

Trix
01-19-2004, 08:45 PM
No, Dont reraise when there are 5 players left to act behind you. Reraise with AKo though, since it doesnt like many callers.
Flop play is good, This gives you the oppertunity(however thats spelled) for a free turn card, if u like.
When he doesnt 3bet, you should suspect either overcards or a flush draw aswell.
Turn: Since he checks to you, there is a great chance that he is behind, Probably overcards or flush like you, guess he could go for a CR with a strong hand aswell, but since you have the flushdraw+overcards, you might win anyway. I think you should bet out and give him a chance of folding.
If he raise, Call. If he calls.
River: when the blank hits, Checkcalling seems to be the best choise, since he wont call you with many hands that you can beat and this might induce bluffing.

Trix
01-19-2004, 08:52 PM
And no, he isnt an idiot for calling when getting 8:1 after beeing raised on the flop, he have no idea of knowing that he is dominated. When you show weaknes by checking the turn, he probably puts you on a missed flush or another missed draw, and think he can take it down with a bluff often enough to make it a profitable play.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-19-2004, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn play was fine although I may have bet out to maximize the flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

With only one opponent and 2:1 against you making your flush, betting the turn is -EV when you're behind. In this case, our hero happened to still be ahead, but I would check this turn 95% of the time, unless his opponent is the type to bet a weak hand on the flop and fold to aggression on the turn.