PDA

View Full Version : #%$%^@*$^@&%&$@&

JDErickson
01-19-2004, 05:17 PM
Party loose idiot table last night. Opponent just arrived so no specific read.

AQo in MP. Folded to me, I raise. MP+1 calls. Everyone else folds.

Flop: Q69 rainbow.

I bet, MP+1 raises, I 3 bet, she caps.

Turn: 2

I bet, She raises, I call (Set alarm sounding)

River: 5

I check, she bets, I call

Opponent flips over 65o for rivered 2 pair.

Beer break time

JohnShaft
01-19-2004, 05:30 PM
C'mon JD! Is this a post for playing advice or for sympathy? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

You played it totally fine. Especially against someone who you correctly had pegged as over aggressive.
And then they hit their 5 outer.
Sh*t 'appens man. Sh*t 'appens... http://www.horrorexpress.com/forums/html/emoticons/afro.gif

el_grande
01-19-2004, 05:32 PM
This pretty much happens to me at least once every time I play a long session (6+ hrs) of 3/6 at my local B&M.

No sympathy here! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trix
You played it fine Imo, stop caring about the result of the hand. If you had won, you wouldnt even have posted this...

Festus22
And I thought I was the only one who this kind of crap happens to!

You cannot lose to this kind of player in the long run. It's simply not possible. In the short term - that's another story. Remember, this is gambling. Long shots do come in once in awhile. That's why the fish keep making plays like this. And for everyone that sucks out on you, there's a whole bunch more that appear as "xxxx doesn't show" in the chat box when you drag the pot.

Must be that "lose the battle, win the war" thing.

When you see this happen, all it does is reaffirm why you're a winning player in the long run. And to be honest, if this stuff freaks you out, you may need to look elsewhere for fun and excitement because it ain't going away anytime soon.

spamuell
01-19-2004, 05:35 PM
JD, this kind of beat is fairly routine. I would have thought the 5-outers wouldn't hurt so much by now. This happens to me at least once almost every time I play, suck it up, it's what pays off your bread and butter hands.

JDErickson
01-19-2004, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon JD! Is this a post for playing advice or for sympathy

[/ QUOTE ]

Neither actually. Just posting an interesting hand. I know I played it ok. I think the Turn bet may have been a little much though.

Notice I didn't post my set of A's that got beat by 23o /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well maybe a little sympathy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Jim

JDErickson
01-19-2004, 06:21 PM
I forgot to tell you how I ended the night last night.

I went into Poker Tracker and replayed all the idiotic hands that I played against. I had to laugh at that. It was funny to see what these players actually play with /images/graemlins/smile.gif

ScottTheFish
01-19-2004, 06:29 PM
I always count on at least one of these crazy hands per table/per session. Poker Tracker needs a new stat:

RSBI/100 - River Suckouts By Idiots per 100 hands /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Well played and good job having the guts to stay aggressive vs. this clown. Your read on her was obviously correct.

Thunda
01-20-2004, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I always count on at least one of these crazy hands per table/per session

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, you must have it good, Scott .. I average about 5 against me an hour /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Had a 3 hour session last night .. AA beat by 72o (called my 3 bet cold preflop), KK beaten 3 times, QQ beaten 2 times, Set of 9's beat, Set of 7's beat, flopped nut flush beat by runner runner fh, numerous 2 pairs beaten ..

.. and forget about the TPTK's betean by the "I got bottom pair!!" gang ..

The vast majority of them beaten by 4 board straights on the river by people holding trash ... and the rest just by trash, period.

Man .. I need to take up something less painful .. like Self-Harming ....

JohnShaft
01-20-2004, 12:13 PM
I did warn you there'd be a "Fish Catching Cards" session now you've switched to Party. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Anyway, as Poker Players, we're all masochists at heart. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif