PDA

View Full Version : Turn around hand

bdypdx
01-19-2004, 05:07 PM
The day started out on a reasonably good 4/8 table that turned out really nasty for the first 7 hours or so. I was running real bad. Bleh. I was stuck something like 28 BB when the game began to break up, so it became a 5-6 handed game. The floor came by and dropped the rake as some of the players began to gripe about the short-handedness. (Okay Billy D, it's time to use what you've been reading about short-handed play...) Things perked up and after I took down 3 or 4 pots, 2 players scurried off to 3/6 tables, and the 3 of us left drew for empty seats at the last 4/8 table. I drew an Ace.

I sat down in seat 9 at the new (9 hand) table. No reads on anyone. Here's the hand in question:

I'm in the CO with AQs.
2 limpers, MP (Chip leader) raises, 2 cold callers, I very rarely cold call, but do so instead of 3-bet. Button folds. Blinds come along as does everyone else. 8 to the flop.

Flop: Qd7s4c
Checked to MP who bets, 2 callers, I raise. BB calls, MP calls, LMP calls and CO-1 folds. 4 to the turn.

Turn: 9s
Checked to me. I bet. BB folds. MP check-raises. LMP calls. I think uh-oh and call, hoping to river a spade. 3 to the river.

River: 2c. Yuck!
MP bets, LMP folds, I tearfully call......

Good? Bad? Ugly?

Results invisible here:

<font color="white"> MP: AQo
I can live with that. :~)

Things only got better, and when my ride said it was time to go, I was down a mere 3BB overall; which considering the start of the session....was a win. </font>