PDA

View Full Version : Should I Lay These Kings Down?

theBruiser500
01-19-2004, 03:57 PM
$100 PP in MP I pick up black KK and raise it to $8, one caller behind me, I only have $60 in chips or so when I start the hand, he has me covered. Flop comes Qs5h7h, I bet out $15, he calls. Next card is Ah, The pot is like $45 or $50, and I have about $37 left. What do I do?

danny

GrinningBuddha
01-19-2004, 05:03 PM
Curse your luck for getting the absolute worst card in the deck on the turn.

That said, he's not drawing to the nut flush on the flop, so that reduces the chances that he cold-called you with Ax of hearts. If he had KQh, he'd likely have raised on the flop unless he's very passive.

I don't like it, but I'd probably have to push it in here given those factors. If it had been the 9h, I might lean towards check-fold.

Knowing your opponent could give you more ammunition here. Does he chase aces? What does he cold call with? Does he chase draws against the odds? If so, be more apt to fold here.

theBruiser500
01-19-2004, 05:20 PM
No idea about my opponent, it was a ring game and with players coming in and leaving so quick, and me playing two tables at once, I can never read anyone. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

danny

sillyarms
01-19-2004, 05:39 PM
It seems like your only choices are either go all in or check. The only reasonable hand I can think of that you are beating that he could have is KQ. I think he either has AQ, KQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, a set, or a flush draw. Either way you're toast. I think you should check and fold to any reasonable bet.

silly

theBruiser500
01-20-2004, 10:24 AM
In the game I just pushed the rest of my chips in, I didn't have many left. But I think the correct move as a few of you say, would have been to fold. Really, there aren't many hands I could beat. He called me, and showed me a flush.

danny