PDA

View Full Version : better heads up and short handed

FredJones888
01-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Is is possible that some people are much better players heads up or short handed than in a normal ring game ? Do some people really suck at heads up that are good in a full game ?

I'm asking this because lately I have started playing at 6 max and heads up tables online and I'm winning very consistently. Could be luck of course, but if this has happened to others then maybe I am on to something.

DaveB
01-19-2004, 03:31 PM
Absolutely. You need to be more loose aggressive shorthanded generally. On Party 6 max tight is still good, but less than that and especially headsup you can play more like a ring game maniac.

bunky9590
01-19-2004, 08:22 PM
I am a very aggressive and consequently very good heads up player. I am also very good at 6 max.

I just don't like the freaking variance, so I stick to ring.

phish
01-20-2004, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is is possible that some people are much better players heads up or short handed than in a normal ring game ? Do some people really suck at heads up that are good in a full game ?

Absolutely. I find the most profitable games to be short-handed ones against weak-tight full game players who can't adjust and just get run over. Of course, these guys are SO bad in this environment that they learn after a few sessions to avoid such situations.
Likewise, there are good short-handed players who become complete suckers when the game is full.

I'm asking this because lately I have started playing at 6 max and heads up tables online and I'm winning very consistently. Could be luck of course, but if this has happened to others then maybe I am on to something.

[/ QUOTE ]