PDA

View Full Version : Did I miss a bet?

Joe Tall
01-19-2004, 11:54 AM
Headed down to Foxwoods w/Sir Limps Alot after the Pats put themselves back in the Superbowl!! I hand a good buzz and was a little hung over from the start, so I sat the 4/8 right next to Sir Limps, so I would not tilt off too much. I got rivered a dozen times and ended up losing 6BBs after 15Hrs.

As usual, great table full of LAGs, Bluffers and Call Stations. This hand is versus a really bad player who is playing his 'rush'.

2 folds to me and I open raise w/K /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/club.gif

4 cold callers and rush-guy calls out of the BB.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Rush guy bets and I raise, oddly all others fold and only rush-guy calls.

Turn: A /images/graemlins/club.gif

Rush-guy checks, I bet, Rush check-raises, I 3-bet, Rush 4-bets, I 5 bet, Rush 6-bets, I think for a bit and 7-bet, Rush 8-bets...I think for a helluva long time and call.

River: 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Rush bets and I call.

All comments, Pats fans, suggestions, Tall beautiful girl's phone numbers, swear words, praises are welcome.

PATS! (sorry Homer),
Joe Tall

ProfLupin
01-19-2004, 12:02 PM
Ok, so my "colts will punt on their first possession" prediction was wrong...but the pick in the endzone was even better! Oh, and when they finally did "punt" for the first time...I thought I was gonna faint I was so happy when they kicked it out of the endzone for the safety!
People mocked me when I said the panthers were for real after they beat the cowboys. Now, the NFC was weak for sure, but Brady is going to have to play a solid game (when doesn't he play a solid game?) in the Superbowl. Oh, and one more thing...Ty Law is the secondary NUTS!

As to your hand...please tell me he didn't river a full house or quads. If he already had the straight-flush, then you tip your cap. If he had a lower flush, you already made him pay enough on the turn.

Louie Landale
01-19-2004, 02:38 PM
Played with a hang-over for 15 Hours? Too late, you are already on tilt.

So, you go 8-bets on the turn with the 3rd nuts and then you get a bad river card... which bet, pray tell, do you think you "missed"? A better question would be "how many extra bets did I get?".

- Louie

JTG51
01-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Unless he's a total nutcase, I think the 7-bet on the turn is too much. His flop bet makes it really unlikely that he has a straight flush, but even the most clueless players don't 6-bet a 4 flush board with just the Q of trump, although I suspect you are going to tell us that's exactly what he had.

MaxPower
01-19-2004, 02:50 PM
What is it with you? I think you get 8-bet more than anyone alive.

I made a straight flush on Party yesterday against an ace high flush. Too bad you weren't my opponent.

How can you root for a team that is named after a geographic area?

As far as the hand goes, I have no idea. I'd give him credit for the straight flush after he 6-bets.

Lori
01-19-2004, 03:06 PM
even the most clueless players don't 6-bet a 4 flush board with just the Q of trump, although I suspect you are going to tell us that's exactly what he had.

Of course, given the title of the post (I have no idea if JT is in the habit of misleading titles or not) we have to suspect the Qc.

I agree with you on the clueless front, so I'm expecting it to be the Qc8c or something equally weird.

Lori

SaintAces
01-19-2004, 06:50 PM
wha did he have?

bunky9590
01-19-2004, 07:16 PM
I think he showed Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the made flush and OESFD on the turn. JT got 3 more BB than I would have. I would have stopped at the 5 bet.

Joe Tall
01-19-2004, 08:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Unless he's a total nutcase, I think the 7-bet on the turn is too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

He wasn't and you're right. Sir and I discussed this afterward that 5 bets was enough.

My opponent flipped over 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the straight flush and took it down.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall
01-19-2004, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is it with you? I think you get 8-bet more than anyone alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um, I don't know. That is the 2nd time in my career, which is way too much. But now I'm 1-2, hope I can get back over .500 next time. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
How can you root for a team that is named after a geographic area?

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you not, now?!? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Peace,
Joe Tall

Vehn
01-19-2004, 08:33 PM
I think putting in the 5th bet is probably right but putting in the 7th bet is insane. There's 3 possible straight flushes out there dude.

Joe Tall
01-19-2004, 08:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think putting in the 5th bet is probably right but putting in the 7th bet is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I pretty much think about it too now. However, I'm not going back on medication. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The post is more of point that I was over tired at this point and never should have played. In my right mind 5 bets would have done it, so glad I was pling 4/8.

Peace,
Joe Tall