PDA

View Full Version : What do you think? 2 hands

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-18-2004, 10:29 PM
Party .5/1.

Dealt 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/club.gif in MP.

UTG+1 limps, I limp, loose-ish MP raises, folded to the BB (calling-station) who call, UTG+1 calls, I call. Four to the flop for 4.25BB.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Checked to me...time to see if the PFR's got overcards or AA-99. I bet. PFR flat-calls (ha!), BB and UTG+1 call.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Checked to me, I fire again, PFR calls, BB mucks, UTG+1 calls.

River: 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG+1 checks, I bet, both call. UTG+1 shows K9o and takes it down, I don't see the PFR's cards.

My big questions here are: Is the flop bet correct? (I thought it was.) Also, anyone check the river?

Hand 2: In the BB with 93o. Folded to button who limps, SB folds, I check.

Flop: 567

I bet, button calls.

Turn: 8

I bet, button folds.

Standard flop bet, right?

Ric
01-19-2004, 02:21 AM
Hand 1 was a bit too aggressive for my tastes. However, I'm suprised that UTG+1 never raised once in the hand, ever. I hope you took a note on how passive he was. Other than that, I think you played it fine, nothing was there to tell you that you were beat.

Hand 2: I would check the turn. I think he has overcards, so inducing him to bet could let you get a checkraise in somewhere. Well played if you just wanted his money.

jeffseib
01-19-2004, 02:23 AM
A better play might have been to check and raise or fold since the pf raiser is prob. going to bet on the flop (or fold). Betting and having it called doesn't give you any info. If you checked and the pf raiser bet and the other two called, you could drop it right there; you are most likely beat. If the other two dropped, you could raise. If the pf raiser calls, you will prob. get a free card. If he raises, you could then drop. If the flop checks all the way through, then you could bet on the turn (also costing you one BB). The latter is the best as this will give your opponents serious -EV if they calling on a draw (assuming now that you have the best hand).

I don't know if this reasoning is correct; if any one has an opinion on it please let me know.