PDA

View Full Version : This one I know I missplayed, flame please

Trix
01-18-2004, 07:41 PM
eeeek. I should bet the flop right ?, Fold turn aswell, cuz i didnt...think the KK hand made me do this
/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Party Poker 0.50/1 (9 handed)
Hero has Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif and is SB

EP1 limps, MP2 limps, CO limps, Button folds, Hero raises, BB calls, EP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls

Flop(10 SB): 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hero checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, MP2 checks, CO checks

Turn(5 BB): K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Hero checks, BB checks, EP1 bets, MP2 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, BB calls

River(9 BB): 7/images/graemlins/club.gif

Hero checks, BB checks, EP1 checks, CO checks

bunky9590
01-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Well, I bet the flop and proceed carfully from there. When the king hits and you have someone leading into you? you have the inside straight draw with I don't think are proper outs. even with your 2 out Queens that will most likely make someone the str8.

Muck the turn.

Brian
01-18-2004, 09:38 PM
Hi Trix,

Yes, you have to bet this Flop. But more importantly, why are you calling the Turn? If you think you have the best hand on the Turn, then bet. If you think someone has an Ace or King, then fold. You are getting 7:1 on your call with 4 clean outs, so you need 11:1.

Once you check the Flop in these situations, you are giving the hand up. That's fine, but really give it up.

-Brian

jeffseib
01-18-2004, 09:48 PM
I agree. You should have bet the flop for information. If someone raised, then you could drop the hand right there for only the cost of a single SB. Very economical!

kungfuaaron
01-19-2004, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you think someone has an Ace or King, then fold. You are getting 7:1 on your call with 4 clean outs, so you need 11:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a newbie with a question! Could you explain where you got 4 clean outs from? I can see that there are 2 queens that would help him and 4 jacks that would make the straight which would give him 6 outs, giving him 6.67:1 making the call correct.

Is it that the queens aren't counted because they would give anyone with a jack a straight? Now that I think of it, that does make some sense, even at 2am. Nevertheless I'd appreciate some feedback, thanks!

MrBlini
01-19-2004, 03:31 AM
Correct. You really don't want to see a Q here, even though it just might give you the best hand.

triplc
01-19-2004, 10:45 AM
Hi Trix,

I think you should bet out here for a number of reasons. First, you might win the pot right now if there's no A out(there was nothing in your post about the nature of the table, so this might not be true). Second, you won't give those with Kx, gutshots or OE straight draws a free card. Third, if you bet and someone raises you, you can dump the hand for a SB if you think the raise is legit.

Fellow newbie here, so take this advice for what it's worth, but I've found that agression following a preflop raise is usually the right move unless a very scary board shows up, and this board is only moderately scary...

CCC