PDA

View Full Version : getting limp-re-raised at 15/30

DiamondDave
01-18-2004, 03:40 PM
Just goes to show that you have to play your opponents and not just the cards.

Hand #1: Clean-cut old white guy calls from EP. I raise from the CO with KQo. The button calls (rats!), the blinds call, EP player pops it. I put him on aces (or possibly AKs), call anyway because the pot is huge, and tell myself that I'll fold top pair if he bets. I miss the flop and fold to his bet. He had aces (and showed them even though the two remaining players called on the turn and folded on the river).

Hand #2: A little bit later I'm in the SB with Ah8h. Everyone folds to a tricky, loose-aggressive player who loves to bluff raise the turn. He open calls from the CO, which is odd since he raised each of the previous four hands before the flop. The button folds. I put the CO on a much worse hand than usual and raise. Loose-passive BB calls (as usual), and the CO reraises.

I cap it and bet the flop dark. CO promises to raise if the BB folds. I shrug, not much pleased with the dealer for tolerating table talk but not wanting to let 'em see me sweat.

The flop is almost perfect: 843 with two hearts. BB folds, CO raises, I re-raise, he makes it four bets, I make it five. He calls. I bet the turn dark. It's a black deuce. He calls. I bet the river dark. It's a black jack. He calls me down with ace high, kicker smaller than an eight.

bad beetz
01-19-2004, 03:55 PM
I've seen limp reraising mean two things:

1. Aces, and it's always from the guy you know just limp reraised you with aces

2. suited bullsh*t, and it's always from the players you know just limp re-raised you with suited bullsh*t.

I wouldn't cap btf in hand two, but I like it.