PDA

View Full Version : Feel free to laugh at my idiocy...

chesspain
01-18-2004, 03:32 PM
TGC 1/2...very soft, 50% seeing the flop, with little aggression...the table is temporarily seven-handed...

I'm in the BB, and dealt Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Folded to EP2 who calls, MP calls, folded to button who calls, SB folds, I raise, the three limpers call...four to the flop for 8.5SB...

3 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, EP2 calls, MP folds, button calls...three to the turn for 5.75BB...

[3 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif] 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, EP2 calls, button folds...headsup for 7.75BB

[3 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif] Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet, EP2 raises...and now, given that he raised me even after all of the aggression I've shown, I expect to be shown a straight against my set, and I make the crying call...

When the chips are pushed my way, I realize that I had a boat, and missed a chance to collect at least one more BB...DOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!!!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Dylan Wade
01-18-2004, 04:08 PM
I've done stuff like that before ..lol

ElSapo
01-18-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah, raise the second nuts. Good idea /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Man, who would ever have thought I'd call Party tight - but 50% to the flop is a lot different than the two tables I'm on right now.

arfsananto
01-18-2004, 05:16 PM
Thanks for posting this one. Its good for a newbie like me to see that even good, experienced players do this once in a while.

Taxman
01-18-2004, 05:38 PM
You know almost the exact same thing happened to me today. I flopped top set betting the whole way, only to simply call a raise on the river when a flush card came. Of course this card also paired the board. Oh well, at least this kind of "crying call" is better than mucking the winner.

TBone
01-19-2004, 12:30 PM
I did that once in a live game, checked to me on the river and four of one suit on the board. I checked it, failing to see the board paired. Turns out another player at the table had quads, so I would have been in big trouble. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

T

triplc
01-19-2004, 12:36 PM
In a tourney the other day (sorry for posting this here, but it is in a similar vein), I get T6 in the BB. Flop comes K66 with two clubs. I end up all-in against two, one of which has A4c. Turn card is Tc. I start swearing up and down and then the chips get pushed to me at the end...I was so worried about the flush that I didn't realize it had made me the boat. Those are the kind of mistakes I enjoy making.

CCC

ProfLupin
01-19-2004, 12:40 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!
Oh wait, I did that same thing 2 days ago but I didn't have the balls to post /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif