PDA

View Full Version : 6-12 Borgata, (to all newbies) ISOLATE THE MANIAC

bunky9590
01-18-2004, 03:10 PM
Same cast of characters, Scotty Nguyen clone is one my immediate right /images/graemlins/wink.gif and is the villan in this hand.

hero is dealt Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif in LMP.
limpfest to the flop 5 handed (no raise)

Flop comes T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Blinds check, Ep checks, Scooty clone checks, hero bets, blinds call, EP calls, Scotty clone raises, hero three bets, blids fold, Ep folds, Scotty clone turbo calls.

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Clone checks, I bet, he calls.

River 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Clone checks, I check behind.

Results to follow, how's the play? Notice even the calling stations folded to two bets cold?

CrackerZack
01-18-2004, 03:51 PM
nicely played. This should be routine against LAGs. Now if you can bring yourself to do the same on the flop with Ac4c, then we're getting somewhere /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Edit: river can be bet here if he'd check-raise a lot of hands. I'd prefer to check behind against solid players but bet this river against LAG losing players.

bunky9590
01-18-2004, 03:54 PM
He did check raise the river quite a bit, and He check raised the flop with flush draws, ALOT!

I punished him on the flop and turn and killed his odds, but I felt sure he hit the flush on the river. Hence the check.

CrackerZack
01-18-2004, 03:57 PM
His check-raise on the flop, if he has the flush draw is a good move. Your 3-bet ruined it for him, but the move is solid if he doesn't expect to be 3-bet. Knowing your affinity for raising, I know he shouldn't be doing it, but he likely doesn't have that read.

bunky9590
01-18-2004, 04:04 PM
This dude was a trip, pounding heineken down like water and already went through a full rack of red, started on another.

Sitting there Quoting Scotty from the WSOP, really funny stuff.

After that hand I gave him my Scotty imitation, (a really bad one BTW)

You no play back at Scotty Nguyen! Now you can go home and say, I lost to Scotty Nguyen!, Want me to sign you baseball cap?

He laughed his @$$ off and bought me a beer. Really funny dude.

His check raise did scream flush draw to me, and he KNEW I would bet the flop. My three bet completely screwed him when the limpers folded for two more. Worked out perfect for me.

Joe Tall
01-19-2004, 09:12 PM
If he's the auto-check-raise my draw no matter where the bet/action and # of potential callers might be; I'd play it the same way.

Peace,
Joe Tall